FT-5 1/32 Trumpeter kit

T

treyzx10r

I needed a quick fun build to get my Mojo back after the last marathon build and this $5 evil bay find fit the bill nicely. Not a great kit as far as detail and fit go ,decent enough though. I spent the weekend getting it together and finshed it with Rustoleum rattle can,no frills or resin upgrades . Kit came with a full engine too, might build that as a seperate display for later. Enjoy the pics,cheers Trey

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, for a no frills OOB and rattle canned jobbie, it is superb Trey! One thing I have noticed is the tail section: is it a crease, paint line or light? Left hand top tail section above tailplane.

Si:smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Si ,appreciate the kind words! The paint reacted with the plastic in that one spot,really do'nt know why. I thought I might make it worse if I messed with so just let it fly as is.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks Si ,appreciate the kind words! The paint reacted with the plastic in that one spot,really do'nt know why. I thought I might make it worse if I messed with so just let it fly as is.
Had that happen to me a few times, not sure why it happens, even after a good clean.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Trey, that's a beauty little build.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Trey , its not a bad kit really , just a few issues with the wheels on this version , their Mig 17 however uses most of these parts and a dodgy canopy and needs major re working. Im just going to start a conversion of one of these into a Mig 15 UTI , using a donor mig 15 kit and this cockpit section. Seeing this has made me think i'll have to get another one of these to do as a FT 5/ JJ5, top work , cheers tony

D

dubster72

Good stuff Trey & all the more impressive for being done with a rattle van!

Cheers

Patrick

C

Caledonia

Very nice Trey, yes the old brain and fingers need a break now and again, but none the less a very nice clean build. Am awaiting delivery for my next project which will be an 18/24 month project. Cheers Derek