Fw 190 D-9 Hasegawa 1/32

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Early start today means that main painting is complete, though the lighter green (RLM 82) is still pretty wet

The two camouflage colours (all that was allowed by the RLM late war) are White Ensign Colourcoats. This aircraft was brand spanking new when it was lost, so no fancy fading!

Things will be slower now. I'll risk a clear coat tomorrow afternoon. Things should dry fairly quickly as it is warm in my studio/conservatory.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well thats a great example of a part work a la luftwaffe...

A very interesting scheme.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Decals today. The sharp eyed will doubtless have noticed that the aeroplane I'm basing this on has nothing to do with what's in the kit as far as markings go.

I've made some decals (werknummer), cut some out of white decal sheet (50) and bodged some up (the 13s are made from 13s and 5s to get the correct style). The oversize fuselage cross is from the spares box. Luckily this aeroplane had hardly any stencilling on it apart from fuel triangles and canopy release instructions. The latter did Kragelow a fat lot of good, he was freed with an axe!

Currently all undergoing treatments with Microsol.

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking very good, enjoying this build.

Si:smiling3:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
By heck Steve, that's some nice detail work mate.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've got this one finished so I'll post some pics and a story in a completed thread.

Cheers

Steve