Fw 190 D-9 "Red 1" of the "Sachsenbergschwarm", HobbyBoss 1/48

B

BigZimmo

Hi mates!!!
It's "Dora-Time" again. D-9 and Ta 152 are my favourite german WWII-fighters. Especially the Doras of the famous "Sachsenbergschwarm" or "Parrot Squadron" of JV44 I like a lot.
After the complete Parrot Squad in 1/32 scale, here comes the same unit in 1/48.
By the way......my big Doras will come to a museum in Ainring......on the site of the former Airbase of JV44.
Now.....this is "1 of 5" (sounds like "Borg";)). It's the "Red 1", flown by Lt. Heinz Sachsenberg, leader of the Parrot Squad. His personal slogan (left side of the fuselage) was "Verkaaft's mei G'wand, I foahre in Himmel". It's written in bavarian tongue and means: "Sell my clothes, I go to heaven".
The kit comes from HobbyBoss. Colors from Gunze (RLM 23), Humbrol (RLM 82+83), Vallejo (RLM 76) and Revell (RLM 70+02).

Cheers....
Stefan:smiling3:

Dora (1).JPG Dora (2).JPG Dora (3).JPG Dora (4).JPG Dora (5).JPG Dora (6).JPG Dora (7).JPG Dora (8).JPG Dora (9).JPG Dora (10).JPG Dora (11).JPG

A

Awins

Hi mates!!!
It's "Dora-Time" again. D-9 and Ta 152 are my favourite german WWII-fighters. Especially the Doras of the famous "Sachsenbergschwarm" or "Parrot Squadron" of JV44 I like a lot.
After the complete Parrot Squad in 1/32 scale, here comes the same unit in 1/48.
By the way......my big Doras will come to a museum in Ainring......on the site of the former Airbase of JV44.
Now.....this is "1 of 5" (sounds like "Borg";)). It's the "Red 1", flown by Lt. Heinz Sachsenberg, leader of the Parrot Squad. His personal slogan (left side of the fuselage) was "Verkaaft's mei G'wand, I foahre in Himmel". It's written in bavarian tongue and means: "Sell my clothes, I go to heaven".
The kit comes from HobbyBoss. Colors from Gunze (RLM 23), Humbrol (RLM 82+83), Vallejo (RLM 76) and Revell (RLM 70+02).

Cheers....
Stefan:smiling3:

Now thats a nice 190

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Excellent build!:smiling3::D:cool:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking at this it's easy to see why your other builds are going to a museum. High class work indeed.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job Stefan. You are getting rather good at modelling this 'schwarm' :smiling3:
You can never have enough interesting Doras and this one is a very nice addition.
Cheers
Steve