Gallery Announcement: F2G Corsair

W

willja67

I've posted a few photos of my F2G Corsair model in the planes Gallery here. I designed this model by hand meaning that I used Autocad which has no unrolling capabilities.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Will,

No matter how many times I see that model I am still in awe of what can be done with paper....and I have built paper models. Thats a fairly large bird at 1:32 scale. I see you are going with the checkered nose? I cant wait to see it colored up. I am not sure what thickiness card you used, but I would almost bet you could color that particular model with an airbrush and not have any sag.

Anyway, thanks for sharing it,

Greg aka GW

B

Bunkerbarge

Will, that is a superb model which will look stunning when finished. Thanks for the pictures.

W

willja67

Well GW that's the model I've got in my gallery over at cardmodels.net I just wanted to show off a little over here. FYI for everyone on this site I'm going to be releasing this model in 3 different paint jobs, Race #'s 57 and 74(my pics are of #74) and BuNo 80454 which are the only surviving F2G's in the world. Given the popularity of #57 it's the one I'm going to release first.