GB - Future ideals perhaps?

G

Greg147

GB - Future ideas perhaps?

Hi all,

I've had a few ideas for group build subjects over the past week or two, so I thought I'd share them, just incase any of them sound like they might be winners (you never know :tongue: ). I didn't see an ideas topic anywhere else, but apologises if I missed it. Some of these are more interesting than others, but I'll put them in no particular order:

-What if?

No timeline limitations, this idea could take place at any time in history. What if the cold war had turned hot? What if Nazi Germany had invaded Britian, or if they had won the war, and their masses of experimental prototypes and science-fiction-esque ideas had entered production? What if Stalin had decided to continue pushing his unstoppable army through Germany in 1945, with the goal of conquering all of Europe? What if Britian had agreed to enter the Vietnam War? The possibilities are endless. Soviet T-80s smashing through the hedgerows of France, with NATO infantry fleeing in terror? Pershings battling against T-34s and KV-1s? Chieftain tanks in the Ia Drang valley? The kits are out there, the only limit is your imagination.

-Tankbusters

Once again, no time period limitation. P-47s of the second world war, to modern day A-10s or Russia's SU-25 Frogfoots, and those are just a few examples of the aircraft. Be it Nazi Germany's Panzerjager vehicles, or crew-served weapons like the US 3-inch M5 AT gun. Anything that has specifically been designed to turn those pesky tin cans into smoldering wrecks would be applicable to this subject.

-The Russian Bear

Just an example of a nation as a subject. Anything from Russias military, from the 1800s all the way up to modern day. T-28s, T-72s, Vodniks, BMPs, Su-34s, the list goes on and on. There are enough models of unusual and interesting products of Russian industry to create some unique dioramas from a subject like this. The topic doesn't have to be Russia. If prefered, the same 'nation' subject could be applied to anyone, or even specific forces such as the US Marines or the Bundeswehr.

-Resistance

This subject would be that of guerilla warfare. French resistance, Russian partisans, Vietcong or Iraqi militias would all be relevant; anything that involves irregular forces rising up and striking against their foreign invaders. Even those four examples have a fair amount of kit out there in both 1/72 and 1/32. Non-conventional warfare has a lot of possibilities for interesting dioramas, an example off the top of my head is Ron's 1/72nd Partisan Attack model, seen in the latest GB.

Anyway, those are just a few. Feel free to add opinions or more ideas. I just thought I'd share them with you, in case it sparks any inspiration. :wink:

Last edited: