Geoffers - Academy 1/72 P-39Q/N Airacobra

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Hello chaps,

With my Hurricane build edging near the homeward strait I’ve decided to enter another kit into the GB.

I have enjoyed watching Ian’s build of the Eduard 1/48 P-39 so thought I would give this a go.
IMG_3105.jpeg

I’ll add some seat belts and maybe a bit of scratch building if needed, other than that it will be a more or less oob build.

A bit more low tech than the Hurricane being initially released in 1998.
It looks quite nice though with some nice surface detail.
IMG_3098.jpeg
IMG_3099.jpeg
X3 frames of crisp grey plastic.
IMG_3100.jpeg
Clear parts include one of the ‘car’ doors which can be posed open.

IMG_3102.jpeg
IMG_3104.jpeg
Fold out type instructions.
IMG_3103.jpeg
The appropriate Soviet scheme.
IMG_3101.jpeg
Not sure how good/bad these will be :thinking:

That’s all that’s in the box, I’ll add some seat harnesses but probably not much else.

Another update soon once I have started it.

Thanks for looking :thumb2:

Geoff.

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The decals will be fine Geoff, they are delicate so be careful with any solution you might use on them.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Geoff,
I'm in seat with the rabble please.
Welcome aboard Scottie :thumb2:
The decals will be fine Geoff, they are delicate so be careful with any solution you might use on them.
Cheers Joe, glad to know, decalling is not my favourite subject at the moment :rolling:

Move up you lot , let a senior in . Hopefully I will be able to see Geoff.
Welcome along John, don’t let the “youngsters” crowd you out. Give em a thick ear if they get too rowdy ;):tears-of-joy:

Geoff.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Geoff

Sincerest apologies. Completely missed you joining the GB for a second time! Are you a glutton for punishment? ;)

ATB

Andrew

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
No problem Andrew :thumb2:

I like GBs, they hep me push on and finish the build (usually) otherwise I tend to drift and end up with yet another Shelf Queen :rolling::loudly-crying:

Geoff

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Hello chaps,

I’ve not had much time at the bench of late but have managed to start getting this together.

It’s all been pretty straightforward so far.

The cockpit is quite sparse but has been painted in the appropriate colours and I added some 3d seat belts. There is an option to have one of the side doors open but the cockpit really doesn’t warrant being on display without some major improvements so I’ve decided to sidestep that and have it all buttoned up ;)

Unfortunately in my enthusiasm I forgot to take pictures of the cockpit before gluing it all together :flushed:

IMG_3187.jpeg

IMG_3186.jpeg

So a bit of tidying up and the canopy and door to be added next before it gets a primer coat.

Cheers :thumb2:

Geoff.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hello chaps,

I’ve not had much time at the bench of late but have managed to start getting this together.

It’s all been pretty straightforward so far.

The cockpit is quite sparse but has been painted in the appropriate colours and I added some 3d seat belts. There is an option to have one of the side doors open but the cockpit really doesn’t warrant being on display without some major improvements so I’ve decided to sidestep that and have it all buttoned up ;)

Unfortunately in my enthusiasm I forgot to take pictures of the cockpit before gluing it all together :flushed:

View attachment 496631

View attachment 496632

So a bit of tidying up and the canopy and door to be added next before it gets a primer coat.

Cheers :thumb2:

Geoff.

Coming on nicely Geoff....I nearly went for a P-39 as I have on in the stash.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew