German machine gun post dio

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The figures look great mate and the photos are not that bad.

If you have an SLR with loads of knobs and buttons there is one that you can turn to a setting thats called something like AP This is the Aperture priority setting. Using this will allow you to determine the size of the aperture and the camera will adjust the shutter speed to compensate. Of you make the aperture smaller, the depth of focus will be deeper and more of the picture will be in focus. The shutter times will get slower as the aperture gets smaller, so a tripod might be a good idea if not using a flash.

As model figures seldom move or sneeze, you can close the aperture right down to the smallest, which is the highest number. (f22 is a tiny little hole, f1.8 is pretty much full open). Depending on the lighting you could get an exposure time running into many seconds.

Hope that that was not to confusing!

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing come together. I also think it would be an idea to leave the back open to enable you to look closer at the figures. It would be a pity to hide them away once the lid goes on...

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi darren, the figures look excellent , im sure its going to be great when its all together. cheers tony

D

dm73

Thanks for all the encouragement gents, the camera is a point and click jobbie, a Hitatchi 1087e, it doesn't have a AP setting or anyway to change the shuttery wossit. We are hoping to change to an uprated model when the cash allows.

The back of the bunker will be open and i'm hoping to be able to wire in a red l.e.d to give it a bit more atmosphere in there. Once i sort the photo issues i'll take a few more.

Cheers all.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good grief Darren, what are you trying to do to my ticker?

All this talk of a Red Light area brought back memories of me and my mates in Amsterdam.....

I remember it well. We were walking along this road when.... It's no good I need a drink!!!!

D

dm73

\ said:
Good grief Darren, what are you trying to do to my ticker?All this talk of a Red Light area brought back memories of me and my mates in Amsterdam.....

I remember it well. We were walking along this road when.... It's no good I need a drink!!!!
Lol, you've got a smutty mind young Ron but now you come to mention it i also remember a fuzzy walk down some window lined lanes trying to hide my blushes and not fall into any canals...

D

dm73

Just a few more photos from my phone camera of the inside of the bunker, i've got to wire up the light to a switch and battery pack. Empty shell cases were made by cutting electrical cable into small bits then using pva to stick them to the floor, hopefully gives the impression their giving someone on the beach below hell.

View attachment 24906View attachment 24907View attachment 24908View attachment 24909View attachment 24910View attachment 24911

Cheers

View attachment 31201

View attachment 31202

View attachment 31203

View attachment 31204

View attachment 31205

View attachment 31206

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great stuff darren , love the shell cases, genius! Are you going to put in some empty ammo boxes , there would definitely be quite a few with all the empty cases. I pity the poor buggers on the receiving end too !! , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking in on the back of the bunker looks really good Darren. Cracking idea, well executed.

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Thats some fantastic work Darren, the shells look great.

Andy

R

rogue-one

real nice stuff darren. well painted figures. great idea of a red light hook up!

D

dm73

Cheers all for the great comments, still painting the US assault team so hopefully will be finished by the deadline, work and family keep getting in the way of quality shed time.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice work Darren. With the amount of shell casings on the floor those barrels will need changing soon! I'm lovin' it so far - the light will add a lot of atmosphere. Keep it up mate it looks great!

Paul