Gern's Sherman

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
All going smoothly with just a few bits of clean up to do at the front of the rocket tubes (every time I blow away any sanding dust off them, I get the chorus from Zorba the Greek!). Gern
Yep :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Joe! Nice to know my sense of humour isn't totally wasted!

Gern

P

Polux

The Sherman looks very well.

Seems quite dark as you said, or maybe is a simply optic effect on the photo....O_o

Anyway is nearly finish, it's genial :smiling3:

Last edited:
D

dubster72

I reckon all OD is too dark for a the scale- ok on a full size tank, but i always add some desert sand or similar to lighten it a few shades.

Just a though, coz you could still run the AB over the middle panels with a lighter shade of OD?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys.

Patrick - I'll be adding something to tone it down next time I use it.

With all the research the paint makers do, you'd think they'd take the scale effect into consideration when mixing their colours. Mind you, that's a whole can of worms that they might not want to open. Having said that, one of the paint manufacturers makes a graded set of six different shades of OD. I might have a look for that at Cosford.

Alas, my A/B skills would likely leave it looking like grandma's patchwork quilt if I tried just to lighten panels! I think I'll just live with what I've got - unless I make a pig's ear out of what's left to do. Then I'd look at re-painting.

Welcome back by the way! What have you got on your workbench?

Gern

D

dubster72

Cheers Dave! I was away due to a serious car accident, but now I'm recuperating I've got plenty of time, but not much cash!

However, lady luck smiled on me & I found a Trumpeter JSU-152 for £10 in a charity shop! :smiling3: So that's gonna be popping up in a thread near you soon!

Patrick

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Sorry to hear of your accident - glad you're recovering. Know what you mean about cash flow, I'm out of work and have the same problem.

Looking forward to seeing your work soon.

Gern