Sprues for the two DVIIs
IMGP2432.JPG

Instructions for same:

IMGP2434.JPG

Sprues for the Airco:

IMGP2437.JPG

Instructions and decals for same:

IMGP2438.JPG

None of this would have been possible without the invaluable help of my assistants (methinks this isn't gonna be easy!):

IMGP2427.JPG

IMGP2429.JPG

IMGP2431.JPG

I almost forgot. The "Catcher":

IMGP2439.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP2433.JPG
    IMGP2433.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 7

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent stuff dave , cant wait to see this develop. Nice to have a bit of help too, I'm sure those two would have no problems catching a pigeon! cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Ooops! Forgot to enlarge the picture of young Clyde sorting out the decals for the DVII!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nice to have a bit of help too, I'm sure those two would have no problems catching a pigeon!

Never thought of that Tony! Maybe I could fit them into the build somewhere........

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Some progress with this. Cockpit assemblies and some surgery on the wings of the DVIIs:

IMGP2443.JPGIMGP2444.JPGIMGP2445.JPG

If anyone is mystified, I'm planning to end up with a sort of 'zwilling mistel'. Hopefully all is now clear!

These are old kits from the bottom end of the market (they only cost me £3 each) so I wasn't expecting too much in the way of clean parts or detail - and I've not been disappointed. I can't speak for the dimensional accuracy, but even with those problems, a good modeller could produce some nice results as the general fit so far has been surprisingly good.

I'm not going to try and tart them up other than what I need to do for the conversion into a cartoon-type aircraft as the originals were pretty plain. I may have a tilt at adding some rigging though because I've got other biplanes in the stash which will need it, so this is a good opportunity to practise.

PS I still have an Airco, a Camel and an Albatross left if anyone is interested - £3 each + P&P

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice start dave , zwilling eh ? Very interesting! These old timers can be a fun build and with a bit of care can look great . They only really lack detail in the cockpits and thats just down to the era they were tooled. Remember the Fiat cr32 i did for the ‘then and now ‘ GB , i stuck in a pilot and all was good , you couldnt see any of the cockpit !

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nice start dave , zwilling eh ? Very interesting! These old timers can be a fun build and with a bit of care can look great . They only really lack detail in the cockpits and thats just down to the era they were tooled. Remember the Fiat cr32 i did for the ‘then and now ‘ GB , i stuck in a pilot and all was good , you couldnt see any of the cockpit !

I got pilot figures with these, but the moulding isn't brilliant. I'm going to have a look see at the characters to find out whether I can use them.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I got pilot figures with these, but the moulding isn't brilliant. I'm going to have a look see at the characters to find out whether I can use them.
Me too , the pilot ive got in one of mine , could be adapted im sure to look like dick dastardly !

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK. Done most of the build for the 'zwilling'. I'll be adding the tail fins when I've worked out how the 'mistel' will fit. Wheels etc will be done after painting.

IMGP2456.JPGIMGP2457.JPGIMGP2458.JPGIMGP2459.JPG

I changed my mind about the 'catcher'. Instead of using the salad tongs (I thought they were much too big), I'm looking at a couple of telescopic back scratchers ......

IMGP2460.JPG
IMGP2461.JPG

...... although I have a better alternative if I can get the bits I need.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Would you believe it?!

I've been looking for something better than the back scratchers I bought for nearly a month. I found some in the good ol' US of A but they were about £14 + £41 P&P! (Does anyone else think that P&P is a bit pricey for an item about the same size and weight as a couple of cigarette packets?)

This morning I had to take my ex around to my daughter's and I mentioned what I was after. Turns out my daughter had bought exactly what I wanted as a 'stocking filler' for Xmas and hadn't used it!

Sorted!!

PS Anyone want a pair of telescopic back scratchers?

PPS Now it'll be just my luck to find Tony has had exactly the same idea.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Dave.

There's some cracking, and diverse ideas coming to fruition in this bonkers G.B.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The way you lads are going, I'd better get a move on before someone susses out my 'catcher' and beats me to it!

Tail fins added to the zwilling and the mistel mostly done. There's a few more connecting struts to add, but I think I'll get some painting done first.

IMGP2462.JPGIMGP2463.JPGIMGP2464.JPG

Sorry about the blurry pic! I'd like to say it's 'cos I'm so excited, but it's just my usual hamfisted photography.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
all looking great Dave and Im glad that the two black and white helpers are there as well,:smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
all looking great Dave and Im glad that the two black and white helpers are there as well,:smiling:

Crazy maybe, but 4 'likes'? Your finger slip on the 'like' button Moni?

I gotta say, you're more interested in this build than my so-called assistants. They haven't looked at it since they inspected the contents of the boxes. P'raps they read my post to Tony and got scared I'd maybe superglue one of 'em in place as the catcher!