GMC CCKW 353 "LeRoi" Truck w/Compressor

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Paul. Nice to see something whitemetal on here :thumb2: Well made whitemetal kits can be as good as anything else, and have a nice heft when finished.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I agree Tim, but I could not locate anymore metal LeRois of that quality (Trident).

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks good Paul. Nice to see something whitemetal on here :thumb2: Well made whitemetal kits can be as good as anything else, and have a nice heft when finished.
Tried CMK & HR87. They had kits in the past, but no joy currently.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for following guys, you keep me focused. I still get distracted by small model RR projects.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It's great to see you back with the tank trucks and in white metal too Paul. Sorry I'm late in responding as I had to wait for the delivery of a stronger Optivisor lens to see them. I really was beginning to worry about you though......

I still get distracted by small model RR projects.
It seems you are still missing your old layout and starting a 'new' one. The worrying part is that your alter ego, Choo Choo PaulE would take over your minitnkr ego and stop all work on your dios. I realize you love both........

So when the urge strikes you to do a small RR project, go outside and wash the Camaro. If you have the urge often, then at least you'll have the cleanest Camaro in downtown Ohio, Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Two on the left are early LeRoi compressors, two on the right are the later version (D71) w/dbl capy. Working door handle solutions.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
At some point you run out of easy ones to build, leaving the tough ones as all that’s left :smiling3: