good online shop

M

markg

Impressed with ScaleModelShop. I like the navigation of the site, and delivery of my order very prompt.I notice more stuff is gradually being offered, which is good.

cheers

Mark

M

markg

Forgot to mention. Am considering getting the bare metal foil. I'm new to the hobby but fancy trying the stuff. The product info doesn't seem to indicate how much one gets in a pack? Is it difficult to use for a newbie?

P

Plastickitbasher

Mark

I've bought some the bare metal foil. You get one lagre sheet which should for some time. However I haven't used it yet

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thank you for your comments, at the moment I am adding new stuff almost every week and I'm always welcome to sugestions of what people would like to see, the foil is approx 300mmx160mm your not the first to ask that question I will add it to the description on the shop.

M

markg

\ said:
Thank you for your comments, at the moment I am adding new stuff almost every week and I'm always welcome to sugestions of what people would like to see, the foil is approx 300mmx160mm your not the first to ask that question I will add it to the description on the shop.
John, does the foil have adhesive backing? or is it pure sheet? I have no experience with foil, and I assume adhesive backed foil would be easier to use for an inexperienced modeller? If your foil is not adhesive backed, do you stock the suitable adhesive for it?

F

Fenlander

I believe it does say self adhesive somewhere, on my phone at moment and supposed to be working so too slow to check lol

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
As Graham said it is self adhesive

M

markg

ok, thanks guys. Graham, i will go to my first ever model show at the Peterborough one March 5th (I think it is). You going?

F

Fenlander

Certainly am Mark, let me know nearer the date and we can arrange to meet up.

M

m1ks

The foil, as said, is self adhesive, for anyone wanting to use kitchen foil for example, Microscale do a specific foil adhesive, supposed to be very good, don't know if you have that one in the shop though John? (though i'm sure if not it would be no problem to add to the stock?)

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
The foil, as said, is self adhesive, for anyone wanting to use kitchen foil for example, Microscale do a specific foil adhesive, supposed to be very good, don't know if you have that one in the shop though John? (though i'm sure if not it would be no problem to add to the stock?)
Microscale | Micro Metal Foil Adhesive | MSMFA :peace:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've seen foiled models that look fantastic. I think it's a technique that needs some practice,much like any other,but the end can certainly justify the effort.

I can't say I've tried to do it myself.

Steve

D

dm73

\ said:
Impressed with ScaleModelShop. I like the navigation of the site, and delivery of my order very prompt.I notice more stuff is gradually being offered, which is good.cheers

Mark
Got to agree whole heartedly with Mark, once again John has delivered the goods in great time and for a great price, he even put up with my atrocious computer skills. Cheers John

T

tecdes

Hi Judith & welcome.

Sure you said something nice but anybody translate for me please ?

Laurie

First Name
Aaron
Here Laurie

I get a lot of toys for me and my family from nitrotek.all. toys with the latest equipment and good So I think it's best for me and also for others.hope they please. read more

Translate "ich bekomme viele spielsachen für mich und meine freunde aus nitrotek.all die spielzeuge mit neuesten und guter ausstattung. also ich denke, es ist am besten für mich und auch für others.hope es ihnen gefällt. lesen sie mehr" from German

T

tecdes

Hey Aaron thanks for that.

So now Aaron you are now promoted to chief English/German translator for this forum.

So Judith want any translation Aaron is your man !

Laurie

T

tecdes

To be fair Ole Judith probably does not know the shop is attached.

Not sure how you do it John but noticed a number do not realise your shop is attached with the forum (or vice versa).

Perhaps a heftier banner at the top of the page in green background ?

Laurie