Gordon Highlander NI 1970s

P

Paul P

Hi all heres a few pics of a commission piece im doing, its a 200mm figure of a Gordon Highlander in Northern Ireland in the 70s, its for a mates Dads 70th birthday, who was in the Gordons at the time all painted in acrylics

View attachment 107381

View attachment 107382

View attachment 107383

View attachment 107384

Ive had to re do the Tamoshanter and sculpt the cap badge, the pouches for the 58 patt webbing need some work doing to them. The face needs a lot more work, the 5 o clock shadow is too heavy and the tone variations need blending better

DSCF4364.jpg

DSCF4365.jpg

DSCF4367.jpg

DSCF4370.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Stunning, as per the norm from you Paul, I am sure that your mates Dad will be well chuffed when you work your magic and it all comes together.

Si:smiling3:

P

Paul P

cheers Dougie there are a few things that need changing, the pouches are not right they should be the other way round but they didn't fit so ill have to make some alterations, the colour for the webbing needs sorting as 58 webbing was a sort of browny, greeny, grey colour :sad:

Si cheers bud hopefully he will be happy with it

P

Polux

Wow!!! Excellent so far!!

Can I ask which colour you use for the skin...? I used the Vallejo ones and they don't convince me (the problem is me, of course). The Andrea are better, or are simply the same...?

Thanks

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First time I have seen you do a figure within living history and I like what I see.

I will enjoy watching this.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Absolutely stunning work Paul ............ Your mate's dad is going to be chuffed to bits.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Excellent,work so far Paul,real liking this one and the attention to detail is just superb,

and very nice paint work as well,

he will be real pleased with the out come of this, :D

P

Paul P

Polux I use life colour flesh set with a few other colours added, but they are very good

Ian your right this is a first for me, I did 3 tours of Ireland so it brings back a few memories

Blare, Pete and Monica many thanks for the comments

P

Paul P

Cheers Steve yes its coming along, the kit is very nicely detailed

Heres a few more progress pics, the ammo pouches were a strange fit and only went this way, however they are the wrong way round so I will have to remove the tool pouch and re sculpt it onto the other side, I also added the left arm and started on the cammo. I want the cammo to look faded so the colours will be quite pale

View attachment 107439

View attachment 107440

this is the alterations to the pouches, the left pouch also needs the bayonet frog added

View attachment 107441

View attachment 107442

more work to do on the arm, the cammo is being done the same as the cloak on King Harold, so each colour is highlighted and shaded

DSCF4384.jpg

DSCF4385.jpg

DSCF4389.jpg

DSCF4390.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
How the hell did you do that camo?! Awesome, great work Paul, the master of figure work is back with a vengeance!

Si:smiling3:

P

Paul P

Hi all heres a few more pics, moving on to the other arm, painting the cammo seems to be an ongoing improvement, im still adding bits to the left arm as well as trying to get the right finished.

View attachment 109249

View attachment 109250

View attachment 109251

still loads to do, the face is an on going progression and keeps changing every time I go at it and im going to add a bit of wear to the ammo pouches, all for now thanks for looking in

DSCF4399.jpg

DSCF4401.jpg

DSCF4403.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow that is just fantastic Paul ,

I think I'll put my figures on eBay, I ain't never getting that good or close to it !

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
AWESOME!!:eek:

The camo, the detail.......stunning stuff, bub!!:confused: :smiling3: