Graham's Normandy build.

W

wanna_be_aviator

Amazing little detail in that kit! I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the build you can turn a little key somewhere and the engine starts running for real! Master job.

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

Cheers guys. Lol Marcos. Sadly, the only thing missing from this kit is the engine. Would have been nice to have the back open to show it.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Not sure how I missed this! That interior is marvelous. You've painted that beautifully,how are the old peepers after that? I'll be watching this one from now on.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Cheers Steve, get that Spitfire, I may have to start mine soon lol

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Cheers Steve, get that Spitfire, I may have to start mine soon lol
Arrived this morning,along with a few paints I'd run low on,courtesy of John's rapid service from the SM shop! I haven't had a look yet,I'm bracing myself.

Cheers

Steve

R

Richy C

Got a bit of catching up to do , I`m in on this one Graham , looking very nice mate

Richy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks terrific Graham I can see why the need to paint before the build!!!

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Right, ready for the paint shop

I have put on all I dare before paint finished as I have some masking and weathering to do so some things will have to go on after the final paint but not a lot.

This has been a pleasure to build, a very nice kit if anyone fancies it. I am sure it will be seen at the shows this year on traders stands, I think that is how I got one. Beautifully detailed, just hope the paint job comes out OK. Don't know if you can make it out in the pictures but there is "Dunlop Trax Grip 7.00 x 18" marked on each tyre.

Anyway, last picie before painting

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely finish on the wheels Graham, the wash makes the detail stand out perfectly.

R

rogue-one

it does look like a great wee kit. might keep that in mind for future. good luck with the painting, if it's like the wheels, it's gonna be ace.

J

JFJ

This looks brilliant. Tell the creators of the "horror stories" at the end of the build!

D

Doctor Cranky

Oh, I love those tires and you are packing this one with lots of great details . . . I am anxious to see more, and I am sure you are anxious to do more.

J

JFJ

Graham just one question what paint/thinner ratio did you use for the wash it looks fantastic

F

Fenlander

Cheers guys, the wash on the wheels is the Vallejo Umber shade wash straight from the bottle and then a dab of raw thinners on top to make it run.

I have got the little beast painted up and it is now in for weathering so I hope to have it finished for this evening then I have to decide what I am going to do with it as a dio for the GB.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've commented on the finished piece Graham but it's worth saying what a great job you made of the interior.

Top drawer, well done!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Just to let you know I have not dropped this one. I have decided what other vehicle will share the dio with the Dingo. It will be a Citroen staff car that has been hit or crashed and will have a partly burnt out section.

This is obviously inspired by Paul (tr1ckey66) with his, what should be an award winning, burnt out T34 and the amazing tutorial by Virgil (Doctor Cranky) for rusting a wreck. I say inspired but please do not expect anything near as good as these two guys.

Anyway, the main fire will have been relatively short lived but will have burnt the engine compartment and into one side of the front seats. Just enough to give me the bonnet and a bit of interior the rusting and weathering required. However, to make this as realistic as my limited skills allow, I soon realised that the kit's front seats could not be made to look as though they had been on fire. To this end, I decided to make one seat frame and springing from lead wire to replace one of the kit seats. This will have scraps of fabric burned on and the other seat will be weathered to make it look scorched. I know that the actual seat on this car had a fabric covered springing on the seat pad but I am not sure what the back springing was like so be kind and accept a lot of artistic interpretation here lol. Anyway, it will be such a mess, it will not show as bad as it does at the moment. The blobs of glue have been left as they will help represent bits of burnt on fabric and padding (I hope).

S

Sky Raider

Thats some nice work there Graham, im taking notes hehe.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Graham way to go ,looking forward to seeing this . Limited skills indeed, ha, we know better!

R

rogue-one

really liking the sound of this graham. i've just got myself one of the citroen staff cars, so i'll be watching with interest.