Grass for a base

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi all.

I have been looking at some different things to do a base for the next airfield dio.The hobbyshop sells a packet of what looks like very finely cut green nylon or pollyester shavings to look like grass.

This will work, but looks "to green" and plasticy.

I was waiting at the local Vet and saw a bag of "cat nip spice" for a fraction of the price.The best of all is that this looks alot more realistic and has a few shades of green and brown in it.I am sure if it is spread over a base it could look rather nice.

The only thing I don't know is if it will smell weird LOL

Just have a look at the spice rack in the supermarket, there are alot of things that can be used as grass. Only thing is that you might get the munchies if you do a base!

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Theuns,in my limited experience cats and delicate models don't make good bedfellows. Are you sure you want to put a model on a base that the little buggers will find irresistable lol.

Steve

S

Sky Raider

You might wake up and find a couple of mountains on there that you hadnt built lol

Andy

T

T. van Vuuren

Good thing I have no cats then! I do however have two little folks that need no excuse to plat and break the models ! LOL

N

noble

You might wake up to find that your lovely airfeld base planes and all have a some what straffed look about them by your loving kitty if you use cat nip interesting concept for the dio though free kitty expresionism.

scott