Great news I thought I'd share with you guys

tommy1drop

SMF Poster
As the title goes, I had some great news today regarding my health problems.

I received a letter today from the hospital about my prostate problems, the good news is that I don't have cancer, and that I will have to continue taking the medication for my prostate problem until the foreseeable future, as well as regular check ups.

But to say that I am more than relieved is an understatement, I honestly thought that after all of the health problems that I have had to endure over the last 12 years, that this was going to be the one.

But to receive the news that it is benign, is more than a relief, to both myself and my family, I have a visit to the MS clinic next Friday, so I am hoping that will also be good news, but for now, I am more than happy.

My message to all on this great forum, is if you suspect anything is wrong, and are not sure, please, please, please...get it checked out!

tommy1drop

SMF Poster
Thanks John, really appreciated mate, I can finally get a good night's sleep, it feels like a giant weight has just been lifted.

yak face

First Name
tony
Great to hear that Tommy , and I know exactly where youre coming from , having just gone through the same thing ,made worse by the fact my dad had prostate cancer . Following a urine infection I had problems with a swollen prostate , after the first PSA test i got a call to see the doctor ,automatically thinking the worst, but after 2 more PSA tests the levels are back to normal (for my age) although ive got to take tamsulosin for the forseeable future. it is a massive relief (in more ways than one!) when things get back to normal . all the best mate .tony

kpnuts

SMF Poster
First Name
Ken
Great news your family must be sleeping better too now. Congratulations.

tommy1drop

SMF Poster
Great to hear that Tommy , and I know exactly where youre coming from , having just gone through the same thing ,made worse by the fact my dad had prostate cancer . Following a urine infection I had problems with a swollen prostate , after the first PSA test i got a call to see the doctor ,automatically thinking the worst, but after 2 more PSA tests the levels are back to normal (for my age) although ive got to take tamsulosin for the forseeable future. it is a massive relief (in more ways than one!) when things get back to normal . all the best mate .tony
Thanks Tony, great news for yourself mate, you just don't realize just how many men go through the same thing.
I too am on the same medication for the foreseeable future, really happy for you mate, with you're great news, and all the very best to you and you're family. ;)