H&S infinity connection

First Name
Jimbob
Having weighed up all the pro's and con's I have taken the plunge into an airbrush I've coveted for a while along with a new compressor(sparmax). Not known for my technical knowledge the fitting to the hose on the airbrush is different to all my other AB's so my question is what connector do I need to get to connect airbrush to the hose, it came with 3 other connections none of which are right also, I feel a bit dumb asking but as I said technicalities I'm not good with. Jim

J

Jens Andrée

Great buy! I myself not to long time ago got an H&S Infinity and a Sparmax 610H and it's a powerful and accurate package!

Mine came with a nice 3M braided hose but without 1/8" quick release connectors (which the male part was included with the Infinity) so I just ordered an quick release coupling adapter from fleabay and put on my hose and now I can switch airbrushes in a split second!
I paid less than two quid, not more.

The listing was 1/8"Airbrush Quick Disconnect Release Coupling Coupler Adapter Connecter Hose

J

John Rixon

What he said, quick connectors are the shizzle, and I like to put my Infinity back in its box once I've cleaned it - I have been known to trip up on the hose and bring stuff falling to the floor, I don't want this happening to my Infinity. For what it's worth, you are going to LOVE this airbrush! It has certainly changed the way I work, for the better!

First Name
Jimbob
Thanks guys I'm looking forward to using it, will give my iwata's a rest one of which needs seals when I can work out what type they are spares are a nightmare to workout. So this weekend I'll put it to the test. Jim

J

Jens Andrée

Just remember that whereas you clean an Iwata by backflushing it, you clean a H&S by taking it apart!
Backflushing a H&S pushes paint and thinner along the needle and into the trigger action, which then clogs up... (don't ask me how I know this... ;) )
Even worse is if you get paint and crap in the end piece dial thingy because I don't know if that even comes apart?

The good thing is that it's super easy to break down a H&S airbrush and a total strip and clean takes me between 3-4 minutes depending on how dirty it is.
No tools, just finger tight. Do this every time after you've used it and you're a H&S master disassembler and cleaner in three days!

Mine happily operates @15 PSI & 0.15mm nozzle without any problem. It works as well @15 PSI with 0.4mm nozzle when using Tamiya paint.
Best investment I've done since I started modelling this airbrush and compressor!

If you have any questions when you get started just ask away and we all will help as well as we can.

M

m1ks

You shouldn't have to backflush either and indeed doing so increases the risk of forcing paint back past the seal into the trigger area.
A thorough clean, (applies to any airbrush) can be done like this using simple items and the appropriate thinner and will leave your airbrush spotless and ready to go and takes 8-10 minutes.
I've been doing this for the last 15 years and prior to that in a garage with full size sprayguns. For many years.

J

Jens Andrée

You shouldn't have to backflush either and indeed doing so increases the risk of forcing paint back past the seal into the trigger area.
Considering that you need a special tool to remove the nozzle on a Iwata - and the fact that they recommend that you don't unscrew the nozzle leaves little other option than to backflush the airbrush.
Many users also remove the nozzle o-ring and replace it with wax which further points to the fact that it can't be dismantled for cleaning.

The exact opposite is how a H&S airbrush is designed, which easy maintenance i mind!

The only thing I backflush is some cellulose thinner after I've put it together after the cleaning round to make sure any debris left from cleaning is flushed out, but that's a different story...

J

Jens Andrée

M

m1ks

Considering that you need a special tool to remove the nozzle on a Iwata - and the fact that they recommend that you don't unscrew the nozzle leaves little other option than to backflush the airbrush.
Many users also remove the nozzle o-ring and replace it with wax which further points to the fact that it can't be dismantled for cleaning.

There is no nozzle o ring, the fit and tolerance is superb, an o ring nor wax is needed.
The special tool is a slotted spanner which is supplied.
Why supply the removal tool if they don't want you removing it?
I'll check my instructions tomorrow but don't recall anything saying you shouldn't.
See the video above, this is how I've been stripping and cleaning airbrushes for the last 15 years (numerous brands) and they're spotless, ready to spray and work flawlessly every time, no wax to seal, no lube, once or maybe twice a year adjust the screw that tightens the Teflon seal as it wears naturally.

The exact opposite is how a H&S airbrush is designed, which easy maintenance i mind!

The sole difference is that you unscrew the nozzle cap by hand and the nozzle is held in by the cap not a thread.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
£30 quid!! Thats taking the mickey.
It is! I paid about £1.20 for one from China, but my H & S Infinity came supplied with one, as well as the air hose and a bottle of Iwata airbrush cleaner. Bought from an art supplier, lower price than most hobby shops, and was in stock, whereas John didn't have the one I wanted in stock.

Pete

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

The only thing I backflush is some cellulose thinner after I've put it together after the cleaning round to make sure any debris left from cleaning is flushed out, but that's a different story...
There is no ring on the nozzle..... My Hi Line Iwatas have no rings on the nozzle, but come with wax on it. As a matter of fact, all iwatas don't have rings all throughout their construction except for one, which is the needle packing ring.

J

Jens Andrée

There is no ring on the nozzle..... My Hi Line Iwatas have no rings on the nozzle, but come with wax on it. As a matter of fact, all iwatas don't have rings all throughout their construction except for one, which is the needle packing ring.
I just saw an instruction video with Iwata on how to cut the nozzle O-ring and replace it with wax, hence my comment.
Regardless they're of quite different design which also indicates the different cleaning routine.
Pretty perfect actually because you can pick the one that fits your need and style! Myself is a disassemble & clean after each colour so H&S fits me well but I have no experience with Iwata, only from what I've seen in videos and read.