Handley Page Halifax MkIII 1/48

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
\ said:
...........oophs!! forgot to add the all the cockpit detailing. Painted black a dry brushed for metallic feel. Dropped Klear into dial faces to current a glass effect.
the detai in the cockpit is very impressive . did the map come with the kit or did u make it that up y'self ....rgds lindsey

M

mungo69

\ said:
the detai in the cockpit is very impressive . did the map come with the kit or did u make it that up y'self ....rgds lindsey
Cheers Lindsey. I printed a map of northern Europe off my computer down to the size of a stamp and then folded them into a map box I made.

Jer

S

Sky Raider

Remarkable. What a fantastic build. Top marks from me to.

Andy

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job, it looks absolutley spot on.

M

macca73

That is the work of one very gifted modeller....only one snag and you'll hate me for saying this....W7751 was a Halifax MkII...she was lost over Denmark on a mining sortie.....on the 9th of January 1943.....I'm actually building a MkII to pay tribute to the crew...only one survived. The rear gunner.

M

mungo69

\ said:
That is the work of one very gifted modeller....only one snag and you'll hate me for saying this....W7751 was a Halifax MkII...she was lost over Denmark on a mining sortie.....on the 9th of January 1943.....I'm actually building a MkII to pay tribute to the crew...only one survived. The rear gunner.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. You are correct the W7751 was indeed a MkII Halifax. This was built as a MkIII as the guy I was building this for, his grandad flew and was shot down (ended up a PoW) in a different Halifax (on his second mission), his first mission was in the W7751 which was successful. I'll ask for the serial number of the plane he was shot down in and let you know. Therefore we used the serial number W7751 as a tribute and as a good omen so to speak as it was successful for him at least. I'll look forward to seeing your build in due course. Best of luck!!

Jer

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Blimey 2, I've gone grey and lost a lot of hair building one! Do you have any pictures?
Sorry for the late reply! Been trying to find the threads of the builds

Heres my first build when it first came out....

1/48th FONDERIE MINIATURE HALIFAX BUILD. - Work in Progress - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Finished job.....

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/2/t/96140.aspx?sort=DESC

Your Halifax is coming on well by the way.

Another dreaded FM kit is on the drawing board so i'll be onto my third! God give me strength.

Last edited:
M

mungo69

\ said:
Sorry for the late reply! Been trying to find the threads of the buildsHeres my first build when it first came out....

1/48th FONDERIE MINIATURE HALIFAX BUILD. - Work in Progress - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Finished job.....

FONDERIE MINIATURE 1/48th HALIFAX BOMBER [pic's] - Aircraft - Modeling Subjects - Finescale Modeler Community

Your Halifax is coming on well by the way.

Another dreaded FM kit is on the drawing board so i'll be onto my third! God give me strength.
Hi Ian

I used your first build as a reference so any thanks for paving the way!!

Love the finished Halifax you did a great job, I fully appreciate the effort gone onto it!

Just as a note my Halifax is finished if you didn't see the pictures on previous pages...unless the links have broken again!!

I certainly won't be building another but you never know!

Cheers

Jer

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Hi Ian Just as a note my Halifax is finished if you didn't see the pictures on previous pages...unless the links have broken again!! Cheers Jer
I wondered were the completed pic's were placed! Looks a corker matey and sure has made me want to make another....not/yet...lol

Ian.

First Name
Chris
WOW, WOW, WOW and WOW again!! Amazing work Jer 5* from me. I seem to have developed a real knack of missing these fine build threads and only catching up sometime after they are finished. Again great work.

Regards

Chris