Hasegawa 1/32: F-104G Turkish Air Force

B

BigZimmo

Hi folks!!!

For my long-term project "100 years of military aviation in Turkey" I have now finished an F-104G Starfighter in 1/32 scale. The kit comes from Hasegawa....it's an oldie but goldie..

This aircraft was assembled as a license built at Manching (Germany) with parts manufactured by Lockheed and made its maiden flight at November 5, 1962. It was flown by the german Squadrons "JaboG 33, 36, 32 and 34" and underwent many repairs and upgrades. Turkey bought this F-104 in late 1985.
My Model shows an aircraft of the 192nd Filo (Squadron) at Balikesir Air Base in May 1988.

Cheers....
Stefan:smiling3:

Starfighter 01.jpg Starfighter 02.jpg Starfighter 03.jpg Starfighter 04.jpg Starfighter 05.jpg Starfighter 06.jpg Starfighter 07.jpg Starfighter 08.jpg Starfighter 09.jpg Starfighter 10.jpg

K

Kressy_13

Very nice looking 104 mate. On the ground it doesn't look like it should fly with those tiny wings. Done a great job on the camo. Looking forward to seeing more of your Turkish air force.

T

T. van Vuuren

You can never go wrong with a F-104 no matter what the colours are :-D
Exelent build, well done

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic build Stefan , the colours and paintwork are stunning.cheers tony

A

Aurora

Great work stefan. Very accurate, nicely done model. as a turkish citizen i am glad to see this excelent work ;)
here are some original plane photos
3_zpsdjvhcw0s.jpg

2_zpsbsbas124.jpg

All f-104s in our airforce are retired. 192. "Tiger" squadron planes are f-16 C/Ds theese days. this is also NATO fleet and attend NATO Tiger Meet annually with fancy decals as a tradition.
Most of the F-104s are ended up in junkyards but some of the luckiest ones made their place in aviation museums in Istanbul, Ankara, Eskisehir etc with this very noticeable position
1_zpsxrcit0au.jpg

Cheers!!!
Safak

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Stefan. It looks like it's doing 800mph just sat there.

B

BigZimmo

Thanks for your comments, mates!!

No fear, Papa. The kit is quite easy.
And with your previous great building quality, you will finish a top starfighter.

Yeah, Safak......thanks for the pics and the informations. The development of military aviation in Turkey is very interesting.
So in 2014 I started my long-term project to show this development from the Ottoman Empire since today......as a cross-section in 1/48......with little exceptions like my latest F-104 in 1/32.;)
So far I've built....Spitfire Mk.I, Mk.Vb, P-40, Fw 190 Aa3, Hurricane Mk.IIc, P-47D, F-100, Ta-38a, F-84E, T-33, RF-4E.

This is still planned......Spad XII, F-16 "Solo Türk", F-4E "Kara Sahin", F-4E Terminator, A-26B, F-16C, F-16C in 1/32, RF-84, F-86, PZL P.24A, F-5...
So there's still a lot to be done........:D

Cheers....
Stefan:smiling3: