Hasegawa 1/32 Spitfire MkVI High Altitude fighter.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That cockpit looks superb Richard. Looks as if the fuselage halves have gone together well.
Thanks Jim, I'd forgotten how well Hasegawa kits come together having always choosing other difficult fitting brands all these years. The last time I built one was when I was still in art school. I like the way they engineered the fit of the wing to the bottom of the fuselage which left sanding to a minimum.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,
After some minor filler and sanding plus a coat of Mr Surfacer primer, I pre-shaded with a light shade of Nato Black. Didn't want it to be too dark as the top coat will be light Neutral grey. The underside was heavier to take the PRU blue.
20221014_031502.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi,
After some minor filler and sanding plus a coat of Mr Surfacer primer, I pre-shaded with a light shade of Nato Black. Didn't want it to be too dark as the top coat will be light Neutral grey. The underside was heavier to take the PRU blue.
View attachment 465081

Cheers,
Richard
Good work Richard. Looks weird with those pointy ears though….

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Richard, I use Rubber (elastic) bands to check/set dihedral on my wing sets as it exerts more equal pressure/tension on both wings. It can also be adjusted by the size of the band you use. just a thought while eyeballing this beautiful build. :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good work Richard. Looks weird with those pointy ears though….
Thanks Tim. Mr Spocks personal ride.:tears-of-joy:
Hi Richard, I use Rubber (elastic) bands to check/set dihedral on my wing sets as it exerts more equal pressure/tension on both wings. It can also be adjusted by the size of the band you use. just a thought while eyeballing this beautiful build. :thumb2:
I'll make a note of that Rick, thanks.

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent stuff richard , its looking great . The cockpit looks lovely , top work improving the seat . The older Hasegawa 1/32 kits are still a great build , as you say not overly complicated parts wise but still nicely detailed . I remember doing the me163 as a kid and that was a beauty too . I always liked the high altitude spitfires with their pointy wings , something a bit different from the norm , cheers tony

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well I've missed the deadline but will persevere. So far these are the items I will be putting together...
Firstly it's the cut stencils from masking taped with the help of a photo copy tracing...
20221015_004103.jpg
While doing that I had the canopy parts dipped in Future and let dry...
20221015_004143.jpg20221015_004206.jpg
Glued the wheel halves and sanded the joints.
20221015_004217.jpgAssembled the prop blades to the hub and spinner making sure they were aligned.
20221015_004306.jpg
Masked all openings...
20221015_004350.jpg20221015_004418.jpg
Taped up the no step perimeter lines as no decals were given for it. Then getting the stencils aligned on the fuselage.
Next to mask the canopy but will show some of the displays on that day later.

Cheers,
Richard

Attachments

• 20221015_012145.jpg
    20221015_012145.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 5

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Excellent stuff richard , its looking great . The cockpit looks lovely , top work improving the seat . The older Hasegawa 1/32 kits are still a great build , as you say not overly complicated parts wise but still nicely detailed . I remember doing the me163 as a kid and that was a beauty too . I always liked the high altitude spitfires with their pointy wings , something a bit different from the norm , cheers tony
Thanks Tony,
You're the odd one out as nearly everyone felt the pointy tips a bit weird for a Spit. Different from the norm yes it is.
The old Hase kits are great builds apart from the raised panel lines which make pin washes a little difficult. I got delayed with the scribing.

Cheers,
Richard