Hasegawa 1/48 scooter

T

T. van Vuuren

I was in the mood for an easy shake 'n bake kit so I started my 1/48 Hasa A-4 E/F.
The detail in this kit out the box is outstanding and I cant see resin AM parts being etter (except for the seat maybe)
I have some PE straps for the seat so it will be out the box build.

TheunsDSC00831.JPG DSC00834.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00832.JPG
    DSC00832.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 5

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking forward to seeing this one Theuns. Like Dave this is one of my favourites.

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx Ian.
I had to fill the nose with lead to stop it tail sitting. The scooter is such a small aerie , allot of the cockpit is not even visable when the fuselage is closed up.

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

DSC0838.jpg latest...
I will need to fill and sand the step ontop of the wing where the slat goes, needs to be level.
Skyhawkslats_zps53661339.jpg

DSC0838.jpg
Needless to say the first of the 6 slatrails have broken off!

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

Long tome since posting so here is the latest.
I preshaded and playd a bit with "fading patches" to give a slight weathered uneven look to the paint.

TheunsDSCN1621.JPG DSCN1624.JPG

T

T. van Vuuren

Looking at reference pix I see my grey might ba a bit dark, hoping the matt clearcoat will tone it down a bit.

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks like the shading effects have worked nicely Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

I wanted to clearcoast yesterday for decals only to find out my Tamiya clear acrylic has all but gone. damn. Have to stop over at the shop today.

Theuns

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I wanted to clearcoast yesterday for decals only to find out my Tamiya clear acrylic has all but gone. damn. Have to stop over at the shop today.

Theuns
But don't forget the Tamiya clear acrylic when you get to the shop Theuns. ;)
If your like most people on here you'll forget what you went in for, and come out with something completely different.

T

T. van Vuuren

My local hobby shop was alll out if stock of Tamiya clear acrylic....:sad: So either I wait till the weekend and hope they get in or I just try the tamiya TS-13 clear spray can I got....hope I dont stuff up the model.

Theuns