Hasegawa 1:48 Spitfire Vb Trop

1275GT

One I finished a little while ago. It's a kit that I'd had hanging around part started for literally years, when I happened across what I think was the last Big Ed set for it at Hannants. So I threw the works at it - etch, resin exhausts, Master Barrels, new decals, the lot!!! I even used Uschi rigging thread for the radio wires, which as it turns out was a bit of a waist as you can't see them, even up close!!!
The base was done using AK textured paste, which is pretty good. But I just wish I'd done a bit more with it, tbh.
The figures are actually jerries, the guy standing from the Eduard Luftwaffe set, and the other chap usually more at home working on panzers......I don't think they've realised yet, they haven't said anything.....
Vallejo paints and a wash and dusting finish it off. It's an old kit now, but still goes together fine and gives a good result. Enjoy :smiling3:

IMG_20170709_221201.jpgIMG_20170709_221219.jpgIMG_20170709_221437.jpgIMG_20170709_221410.jpgIMG_20170709_221310.jpgIMG_20170709_221354.jpg

Cheers, Neil

P

Polux

That’s a a magnificent build Neil.
Oh!! I love the colour on the figures, speacially the skin one!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. I'm another fan of tropical camouflage.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Looks great to me. One quick pointer for the future. The crowbar should be either bare metal or painted interior grey green. The were painted red only after the war and on restored aircraft.

1275GT

That’s a a magnificent build Neil.
Oh!! I love the colour on the figures, speacially the skin one!
Thanks Policy, I was going to try and give the shirtless guy more sun tan on his arms, but I ran out of talent!!! ;)

Looks great to me. One quick pointer for the future. The crowbar should be either bare metal or painted interior grey green. The were painted red only after the war and on restored aircraft.
Thanks for the tip Barry, I'd read different things in different places about that. I might go back and correct it.

C

cybershed

Can you tell me what paints you used for the upper surfaces camo please?