Hawker Tiffy 1/72

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very well done Theuns, lots going on there, great build.

1275GT

That looks like a nice kit, and it's been done beautifully and put to great use. Nice build all round, mate.

Cheers, Neil

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx guys.

I took it to the IPMS model of the year comp as there were very fre entries in the diorama area last year. Needless to say this year there were many and they were outstanding!

What did however hapen totally against any good thinking was that I took (as an afterthought) my Airfix 1/72 MiG 15 in ALclad along to fill the table.

It actually took first place in the 1/49 to 1/72 jets section!

Who'd a thunk it!

There were other jets in the same scale there that I thought were better.

Ah well I am not complaining :smiling:

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Congratulations Theuns ! a well deserved win , cheers tony

A

Andy Mac

Nicely done Theuns, the diorama finishes it off nicely.

It's nice to see Airfix putting some detailing in their latest offerings. Detailed cockpits, wheel wells, gun bays and even weighted tyres.

T

T. van Vuuren

I must say that I am becoming a fan of the new tool 1/72 Airfix stuff, good value for $. Their 1/48 planes however here in SA is priced rather close to some of the TamiGawa kits still.

Would be so cool if Airfix came out with a Hurricane Mk1 or 2 with the same detail as the tiffy.

I got a 1/72 Airfix Hurry some time back (in red box) only to see it was an old kit :sad:

I have taken my 1/72 Airfix Gladiator out of the stash to continue with the nice simple builds, it will be in the all over silver sceeme. I hope the decals are also as good as on the recent kits.

Theuns