He 162

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Dave I've just got one of these.

Right then the first question. The colour call out from Tamiya is a light blue underside but this one looks white, which is right ?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I have a few me 262s and am about to start an he 162 once I finish off my Ta 152, so the colours will be a useful reference

D

dubster72

Nice one Dave I've just got one of these.

Right then the first question. The colour call out from Tamiya is a light blue underside but this one looks white, which is right ?

That's RLM 76 Ian, a light blue/grey. Although restored museum pieces aren't always the best examples of wartime colours.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

That's RLM 76 Ian, a light blue/grey. Although restored museum pieces aren't always the best examples of wartime colours.

agreed. Although, some aircraft such as the Deutsches technik museum in Berlin Me 262 and the Australian War Memorial's Bf 109G-6, Me 262A-2a and Me 162 Komet are preserved not restored aircraft, which makes them valuable resources

T

T. van Vuuren

Exelent, thanx. I have the 1/32 HE 162 to be built next year.

Theuns

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Folks,

Ian, it was your post in latest acquisitions which made me start with this one.

I have around 900 photos I took at Hendon, I will try and upload some of the more useful ones over the next few weeks.  Although I intend to be restrained for the sake of Johns server.