Heller 1/8 Honda cb 750 K1

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all when I had mine I totally rebuilt it and whilst i was at it i stripped all the paint off the engine casings polished it and engraved it, so I thought I would do the same with this kit. being 1/8 of the original size it obviously wont be as elaborate but will give the general idea.

View attachment 112495

roughly pened on

View attachment 112496

View attachment 112497

this is the tool of choice

View attachment 112498

oops didnt work too well

View attachment 112499

View attachment 112500

I think my next attempt will be heated scribe .

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I like waft you have done with the scribe, on your original bike ( do you still have pics to work from.?

I thought you may have traced the image and made a template fur the scribing but I am very impressed with your work, ideas

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

Unfortunately no pics of my original bike (one of my many regrets in life) I think one of the reasons it looks so bad is its much too deep i will fill it and try again as I said with a heated scribe (unless anyone knows a better tool to use)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi Ken

A possible solution to your scribing maybe a pattern to work from ( judging by whet you have done your patter is there.

I have used in the past a " bare metal foil " on things such as wings for my P51 but it could be used in the same way on your bike engine block. If you have a pattern you can draw it on the bare metal foil in hb pencil. Then the foil has a sticky side peel that off and affix to your block. It's real metal which you can scribe polish it up once complete.

Hopefully this can help

Regards

Robert

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That looks good Ken, you have the finish on the sprocket and discs "spot on" ......... I love the old Jap classics. I never had a Honda 4 ....... I tooled around on a Suzuki GT750. That was a great bike. At least until the two stroke oil pump packed up:eek:

I'll be watching this

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks pete I absolutely loved the Honda she was amazing, the only bike came close to her was the one I just got rid of after 10 yrs of totally reliable service a triumph trophy 900 I've had some lightning fast bikes (gsx1100) but as an all rounder you just couldn't beat the Honda of course it wasn't the most beautiful bike imho that title goes to the yam 1100 midnight special ( which I sadly never owned, but drooled over ) but she had a certain look modern bikes just don't have. If someone offered me one and I had the money for it regardless the condition I would bite their arm off.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Even at this scale Ken your making me drool ( spot on with the chrome and weathering effect on that sprocket and spokes

Well done

I remember the gsx1100 I took my pals out a few summers ago and hit an oil patch on the Dundee/ Aberdeen road and......, yes it cost me an awful lot of dosh to fix the plastics ( don't ask ) I remember tony saying you've done what!! to his pride and joy ( I survived with just a few bruises )

I preferred Hondas any day of the week

Awesome

Robert

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work on the wheels Ken if the rest of the build goes like the wheels it will be awesome. Never had a bike myself and only build one but it was this type the Honda CB 750 did it as a wreck. Watching this one

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I am totally peed off this was advertised as new and unstarted. Someone has gone ahead on the instructions and started the frame, only they've glued it all wrong (and used plenty of it) I've tried getting it apart but it's like it's welded together, and even if I get it apart I'm not sure I can reposition it where it should be, so this is another one that's on hold, funny its another Heller kit.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Well I am totally peed off this was advertised as new and unstarted. Someone has gone ahead on the instructions and started the frame, only they've glued it all wrong (and used plenty of it) I've tried getting it apart but it's like it's welded together, and even if I get it apart I'm not sure I can reposition it where it should be, so this is another one that's on hold, funny its another Heller kit.
Sorry to hear that Ken..... Cant you get the bits apart and rebuild them with Sprue and plastic rod or somesuch ????

D

Deleted member 3568

Pete I can't get them apart but may be able to razor them apart and use some parts from the scraps drawer, whoever built this knew nothing about bikes, the frame is made up of 4 parts the yoke and centre rib in two parts( which are not lined up and so the steering boss will need drilling out to get the shaft to fit, the idiot has then glued this part to the right hand side of the frame in completely the wrong place (even though (. Unusual for a Heller kit) there is a locating pin) making it impossible to attatch the left dide, which is obviously why the kit was abandoned, I know I don't necessarily follow the instructions on a kit WHEN I KNOW WHAT I'M building this idiot didn't know the front of a bike from the back, and should have read the instructions, I know he didn't because I was going to do my best work on this so followed the instructions and the frame don't come til page 3 but he started with the frame. I am seething.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Pete I can't get them apart but may be able to razor them apart and use some parts from the scraps drawer, whoever built this knew nothing about bikes, the frame is made up of 4 parts the yoke and centre rib in two parts( which are not lined up and so the steering boss will need drilling out to get the shaft to fit, the idiot has then glued this part to the right hand side of the frame in completely the wrong place (even though (. Unusual for a Heller kit) there is a locating pin) making it impossible to attatch the left dide, which is obviously why the kit was abandoned, I know I don't necessarily follow the instructions on a kit WHEN I KNOW WHAT I'M building this idiot didn't know the front of a bike from the back, and should have read the instructions, I know he didn't because I was going to do my best work on this so followed the instructions and the frame don't come til page 3 but he started with the frame. I am seething.
Kick back and have drink matey. Take another look at it tomorrow. I know it`s a notch. But if you have to take a knife to it most of it is under the seat and tank........ Don`t let it win.

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
this was my second bike after an Yamaha as1, it was a great bike , I later bought a Phil Reid replica f2 Honda, I wish I still had it now ,those were the days

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Unfortunately no pics of my original bike (one of my many regrets in life) I think one of the reasons it looks so bad is its much too deep i will fill it and try again as I said with a heated scribe (unless anyone knows a better tool to use)
View attachment 113182

I've used this to good effect in the past Ken
image.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks john I have an idea I used something like that on my original bike but no longer have it, I didn't realise they still made them, now I know what they are called maybe I could get one.