Heller 1/8 Honda cb 750 K1

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I have to apologise to the seller it was my 10 yr old nephew he came over during the day with his mum to visit my missus and decided to have a go. That's what you get for trying to encourage youngsters. He is now banned from my model room unless I am there.

D

Deleted member 3568

nope I havent but I have told him he will have to help me fix it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Bless him, he was trying to help...sods law it would be a kit that you really want to build and do your best on.

Nice start though Ken, love the scribing, heavy or not, very brave to attempt.

Si:smiling3:

D

dougie

\ said:
That looks good Ken, you have the finish on the sprocket and discs "spot on" ......... I love the old Jap classics. I never had a Honda 4 ....... I tooled around on a Suzuki GT750. That was a great bike. At least until the two stroke oil pump packed up:eek:
I'll be watching this
Got a gt380 needing restored at my parents

D

dougie

\ said:
Hi all I have to apologise to the seller it was my 10 yr old nephew he came over during the day with his mum to visit my missus and decided to have a go. That's what you get for trying to encourage youngsters. He is now banned from my model room unless I am there.
Ouch, tough break. I would not be happy with my other half if this happened to me

ヽ(`Д´)ノ

ψ(`∇´)ψ

Hope you both have fun fixing it though

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Got a gt380 needing restored at my parents
I had one of those for a while as well(One of the many bikes I've owned and either wrecked or sold on). I remember spending my redundancy money on it. Very heavy, under powered and with the same rubbish oil pump as the 750. My fiance at the time wasn't best pleased as we were supposed to be saving money to get married.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Whoops!

M

My Model Car Workshop

Hi Ken, So sorry to here about the frame on your kit. It seems that the whole kit is now going to be more difficult than you imagined. Having said that, looking at your latest update, you have managed to make a decent job of it and the black paint has certainly improved the look of it. Well just to cheer you up a bit, I am going to make a start on my Honda CB750 1/4 scale kit within the next day or two. It's going to be a long slow build, as I have to wait for monthly parts to arrive before I can continue with each stage. I was going to wait until I received the third pack, but I think I will make a start as soon as pack two arrives in a few days time. :D

M

My Model Car Workshop

Very good so far Ken, but you will probably have finished it before I get the next parts for my model.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Heh Ken I'm not being funny here but is there absolutely nothing your not good at. That bike looks so perfect. The paint job on the tank is awesome and so crisp, you've defo got the nack for detail.

I see the mustang in the background too ( which lets face it is getting better day by day!

How many kits you do at the same time again??

Great work and progress ( always a pleasure to see

Robert :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the compliment rob (can I call you rob) but I'm a very average builder (actually being honest below average ) look at Si or Alan, Monica, the American, I could list hundreds far better than me, I have at the moment 10 models on the go, am sooooooooooooooooo, tempted to start the Heller 1/8 Citroen but I must not I really am at my limit.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Thanks for the compliment rob (can I call you rob) but I'm a very average builder (actually being honest below average ) look at Si or Alan, Monica, the American, I could list hundreds far better than me, I have at the moment 10 models on the go, am sooooooooooooooooo, tempted to start the Heller 1/8 Citroen but I must not I really am at my limit.
I'm like you Ken I believe I'm not bad but I see some creations on here and think what am I doing on here at all

Any ways

1 you can call me whatever you like ( the wife does) Rob is what most call me

2 I get a lot of inspiration from this forum and I look at the builds that not only you but Si Alan Peter, Scott Monica ( and pussycats) etc and I look at the kits I've made and I'm ashamed to say it think they look very below average.

I think i have about 7 on the go at the mo, trying to finish my pair of Blackburn Roc and Skua off but I'm itching to start my 1/32 wildcat

All this car building too is making me look further a field and looking at something like a classic Jag mk2 or like ( any suggests

Robert