James
still want pass the m.o.t but very nice work so far :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update, I decided to give it a wood veneered dashboard
IMG_20170213_135801667251324.jpg

Think it looks nicer than the bog standard dash
fqJWZbd.jpg

Just for added interest here is the new shiney chassis and engine bay.
2irkzmg.jpg

2ytxyex.jpg

And here is the old battered one
ndOV8aJ.jpg

arSwChP.jpg

5Lamksj.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all finished the steering rack (still needs weathering) and installed the dashboard.
2qs8bpf.jpg

213hwfk.jpg

a3m360.jpg

2zxmcuh.jpg

Not sure what to do with the steering wheel the interior seats and maybe the door panels (still not sure on them ) but definitely the seats will be cream leather as I think it will look really luxurious with the purple and gold, so should the steering wheel be white, cream, wood or black also should that be the whole steering wheel or just the rim. Baring in mind the paint work will be like the K1
K2JCAcR.jpg

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
I vote wood for steering wheel there you go ken :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all been attaching some of the many wires and pipes to the engine and weathered the engine a bit more ( don't want it to look like it neglected but thought it looked too clean)

fn7ndc.jpg

ejshv8.jpg

2nv8hzc.jpg

2vvqgxd.jpg

25jwmyr.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all next update the rad is fitted, have I said I love this kit the rad is a 1/24 kit on its own, I'm developing a plan for another one anyway here is today's work.
oayjyc.jpg

9a71ib.jpg

1e9r3k.jpg

M

Morpheus

Looks fantastic Ken, can really see the size of it now o_O I'd like to make one of these myself looking at yours but not sure if my skill level would be good enough but would be fun trying :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

I was really scared on my first build, it truly is a stageringly detailed kit. Go for it, i highly recommend roy fitszimmonds cd for building it, i referenced it numerous time the first time round and have done so this time ( the instructions are basically just an exploded view with the parts numbers ( if youre fluent in french it would help as the only written instructions are in french) the hardest part is the engine cradle once youre past that its relitively easy.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is today's update.

20k7ns6.jpg

jucp53.jpg

I'm really happy the way the chrome has golded (is that a word)

2d13bc8.jpg

2mzxhj6.jpg

205b983.jpg

j7xabm.jpg

I think the gold works incredibly well with the purple I realise the purple needs a few more coats, then I need to start the marbling effect, have I mentioned I love this kit.

M

Morpheus

I think you may of mentioned it once or twice how much you love this kit:p looking great so far. :cool:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update on the engine bay (there is soooooooooooo much detail in this kit, it's a superb model)
343n6dv.jpg

2s77via.jpg

wix0nr.jpg

2ekndjl.jpg

The engine bay is still not finished (by a long way)

J

John Huggins

Outstanding work ken, love what you are going with this one, how did you get the Golding effect it looks cool & i want to try it on my next truck build.
I would go with a wood steering wheel rim with you'r gold effect center.

John

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well, this is amazing. I really like what you are doing here.

D

Deleted member 3568

Its just alcad candy orange sprayed over the chrome just dont give it too msny coats as it will look orange otherwise.