Heller 1/8 traction avant cabrolet conversion

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
J

John Huggins

Its just alcad candy orange sprayed over the chrome just dont give it too msny coats as it will look orange otherwise.
Thank's Ken, sorry should have read from the start of the thread then i would have known, lol

John

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
You are knocking it out of the park!:eek::cool:

D

Deleted member 3568

all here is another update, started the rear suspension

2qmpyf7.jpg

flzkb6.jpg

sw5r1f.jpg

122j7ti.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I'm scrapping the marble effect idea (the gold pigment in the paint was too thin and would have required two coats to even start to cover which doesn't work with the marbling effect) (it's a one coat thing) not sure what I will do now, I'm thinking hard now.
33589ki.jpg

I've put the humbrol tin there to give an idea of the size of this beast.
6zmscy.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've attached the front wings (for anybody building this kit the wings and bonnet connections all need reinforcing)
1p8hth.jpg

xdfate.jpg

20axvs0.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've attached the front wings (for anybody building this kit the wings and bonnet connections all need reinforcing)
1p8hth.jpg

xdfate.jpg

20axvs0.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here's the next bit, I got some leather for the seats (thanks to Roy Fitzsimmons) and I decided to add wooden window sills to it.
2ng7bci.jpg

5mg4cl.jpg

2ec1xn7.jpg

rkwpix.jpg

wwkn7o.jpg

rixkyh.jpg

2yjq0ja.jpg

dpke28.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update (the seats are just placed for now not actually fixed yet) in this kit the front seats are adjustable (just like the real thing) they slide forwards and back.
This really is an amazing kit.
nwijp1.jpg

2my99no.jpg

20p31gp.jpg

2hdo4yc.jpg

S

steve5

as always you are doing an amazing job mate , love the wooden door insert's .

A

american

Speechless! You definitely know what you are doing there! Well done model!

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here's the next bit I decided to do something really different with the paint job then couldn't resist trying it all together I need to add a lot of lacquer to it yet but I'm quite pleased with it so far.
2wdvmg2.jpg

2m64hmb.jpg

maceo9.jpg

b97mg0.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all another update, the canvas roof is causing me lots of problems, so much so it may end up with a non working roof and just have it displayed in the open position. The bonnet and wings are not fixed just positioned to see how much giggling I will need to do to get a good fit, the bonnet is supposed to be fitted with a piece of rubber on my first build it proved to be a very bad system which tended to come unglued after it had been opened a couple of times, I bought a piano hinge for that job instead, I'm having to keep shaving bits off the front grill to stop it fouling the grill (very slow job as I don't want to shave too much off and have a gap between the grill and the bonnet) with a little forethought I should have cut the hinge a little shorter.
2i73ccy.jpg

iw3loi.jpg

2qx6mph.jpg

2j674p4.jpg

1zf4qdj.jpg

35b71pd.jpg

Here's my first build of this at a similar stage.
rfNHLZv.jpg

jFRc7sm.jpg

OPT5Bzy.jpg

KriADth.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all got the doors on and made some door pockets for them, still have to do the catches to keep the doors shut but liking it so far.
2h6sx87.jpg

k3kpd0.jpg

2uhoher.jpg

D

dougie

This build is severely lacking in posts from the other forum members! Great work and progress. Look forward to the imminent conclusion

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks mate, here is another update (I'm afraid I've given up on a working hood so it will be fixed in this position in the finished thing.
wwcenm.jpg

2u8dkes.jpg

301jygo.jpg

34rc2ud.jpg