Heller /Airfix 1/24 JU 87b1

T

T. van Vuuren

So after close to 5 months I am finally done with this model. It took more work than I initially thought but the results are worth it I think.
It is a damn monster and I have no idea where I will put it 
eusa_doh.gif

You can just about see the different "shine levels" on the wings. I tried to simulate the way paint fades differently in some areas. I also "mudded up" the wheels and bottom of the spats like a Stuka based on a grass field in France might look like, some exhaust satining and that is about it. I did not want to go mad with the weathering.
You cant quite see it in the pix , but some "wize ass" ground grew member wrote on the 500 kg bomb "Fur Winston" 
icon_wink.gif

DSC00540_zpsdqb9gxiy.jpg
[/url]
Theuns

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I am not a German plane fan but the work that you've but into it has been worth it a great build

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great job of a wicked looking aircraft. 
So the question is are you going to join the Stuka GB next year.... You now how its done now. :D

D

Doug Hughes

Fantastic, Theuns. In the close up shot the cockpit looks stunning. Great paint job and restrained weathering, too.

B

Builder

Great work ther Theuns mate. I think I've said this before but that cockpit and canopy and very well done. 

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Absolutely beautiful work Theuns , perfectly painted and weathered , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I like this a lot............I might try a 1:48.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well worth the wait to see this one Theuns, nicely finished

B

BigZimmo

Hi Theuns!!

Great job and another example that old kits can be geat models. Well done......goed gedaan!!!!! B|

:smiling3:

Last edited:
T

T. van Vuuren

Ta, it took more work than thought but worth it.

As soon as I have the 1/32 Tamiya Mustprang done, I might look at getting to work on the i/24 tiffy...stay tuned

Theuns