Heller Citroen 15 CV 1/24th

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
After a break of about 40 years from modelling ! - Now living mainly in France with some time on my hands , I happened to come across this factory sealed kit at a village fair for €5 . Also spotted the real thing at a car revival meeting in Chinon the same day ....
After a week or two I ventured to open the box and have a look ! - I then realised that I have no modelling equipment apart from a stanley knife and an old box of about 10 used humbrol paints( in various states of decay, left at the property I'm looking after .
I knew I would have to spray paint the body so bought an aerosol can from a DIY store and set about my investment !!IMG_1249.JPGDSC01925.JPGIMG_1374.JPG

Last edited:

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Wheels and dash - not great but it's a start ....
IMG_1379.JPGIMG_1380.JPG

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Engines a bit OK , but quite surprised at the bodywork after the aerosol spraying in the garage - not bad !IMG_1383.JPGIMG_1385.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
You're off to a great start and sound as if you are enjoying getting back into the hobby. And at a bargain price :thumb2: You have a nice gloss on the body work.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Steve
Making good progress here, and it sounds like your enjoying it....all good stuff....
Tim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Bodywork looks very good. What sort of spraycan was it?

Pete

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome back to the hobby, I'm sure it won't be long if you're enjoying it that your equipment list grows :smiling2:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Keep up the effort, you are reaping the rewards!:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
In answer to your question Steve, probably all of us LOL....the secret is to stop just before you get to that point....that Citroen is coming on nicely by the way...bodywork looks good, and it is becoming a recognisable vehicle. Skill is really just experience under another name....each build is better than the last, sometimes by a little, sometimes by quite a margin. Fine motor skills improve with practice as well, making it easier to manipulate parts. I’ve always found it worth reviewing at the end and seeing what could be improved and keeping notes on what has gone well so you can repeat the result more easily...
If you get stuck, ask the hive mind on here, they will always have an answer and be willing to help...
Cheers
Tim