Heller La Reale De France

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A gem of a build, Ken. Way over the 'Ornate top'.....Love it!

D

Deleted member 3568

Again what can I say thanks for all the great comments.

L

Laurie

Good God there is some work in that.. Quite a mantlepiece job if you have one large enough.

That must have taken some time. Very nice indeed.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks all again, Laurie I started it in April I think so roughly 4 months, would have been quicker but had to wait for parts from heller .

C

Caledonia

A supreme test of patience and exercise in gold leaf work. Superb work. Derek

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all just a quick update,my bosses husband said he would buy the Royal Sovereign but that this was too big was talking to him the other day and mentioned the Greenwich maritime museum said they wanted it but did not have the room, but would I resubmit it next year as they are constantly changing their displays. He told me today he will buy it (no mention of price), what would I ask for I can't keep it for a year, don't have the room (incidentally i told my boss I had got the Airfix Wasa off ebay and she wants me to build that for her. Actually as I was typing this he came up they've both gone for £400.00 I am well chuffed, I'm sure I could have got more but hey, two models out of the way and money for more, still have to finish the Sovriegn, and of course, start a finish the Wasa, I love modeling

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Absolutely stunning..... Well done Ken. Very very deserving a Great Build mate.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Beautiful work Ken, she looks superb mate, great work all round.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well getting this one back in a sorry state, went down to feed the birds and empty the bins this morning. Rolf tried to take it to his house in frinton yesterday, didn't even get it out of the hall broke lots of oars off the anchor post lots of railings, a lot of the rigging is slack so he's busted something there as well, he thinks I will just go down with a tube of superglue and stick it all back on, not that simple a lot of the guilding was pulled off when the oars and railings came off so that will have to be redone(a real pain as lots of bits were stuck on after the guilding ) I will take some pics when I get it home.

J

John Rixon

Sterling work sir!, Just trying to imagine how they ever managed to get anywhere with ships like this:eek:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Staggering work my friend! The patients of a Saint thou must posses:rolleyes: Excellent detail right up to the "kettles on" Very fragile looking with all of those oars, hope you have a safe place to display/store it. One would certainly think to keep the cat off it:eek:...............Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Staggering work my friend! The patients of a Saint thou must posses:rolleyes: Excellent detail right up to the "kettles on" Very fragile looking with all of those oars, hope you have a safe place to display/store it. One would certainly think to keep the cat off it:eek:...............Jim:smiling3:
Oh just backtracked a bit and saw that Rolf? had trashed it:eek::mad: I know you will get it ship shape again and when do you think "Rolf" will be getting out of hospitalo_O

D

Deleted member 3568

Hey mate he bought it and I feel honour bound to fix it, the trouble is people who don't make models have no idea what's involved, like I said he thinks a bit of superglue and it will all be fine.