Heller Soliel Royal

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
S

steve5

\ said:
This is looking very cool.
Scott
glad I have been able to catch up on this build kpnuts , looking really good mate ,

steve5

D

Deleted member 3568

Nice to see you here steve, nip over and introduce yourself to everyone, you'll find were a friendly bunch on here.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is todays efforts. The rear galleries should be open (in fact even on the boxart they are open) so I've cut them out(very nail biting as one slip and I could have ruined them) now I just have to do the floor on the 2 galleries.

mhsL4D0.jpg

rBKmcWz.jpg

XyatCyH.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Really nice work. The gold looks great to me, far better than any paint would. I take it that it survived the unfortunate drenching?

Cheers

Steve

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks, yep, put the parts on the radiator and when dry they cleared just a bit of staining on the transom.

F

Fenlander

This is really looking great Ken. I really admire the work you guys put into models like this.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is tonight update

dzxJepB.jpg

L3d8NAc.jpg

IalahBp.jpg

71EZN8u.jpg

Here is the thing they suggest you mount this beautiful ship on

ky46ZbD.jpg

YWXfFv3.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update, I wanted to add some detail to the cannons which can be seen so, after a great suggestion from a member elsewhere on how to make them I made some eyelets for the tie down ropes.

Fsimvzc.jpg

gHE4JCj.jpg

2tobZQa.jpg

pkuKaPA.jpg

fplxai7.jpg

2heCz92.jpg

a4JvC9X.jpg

rokVE5b.jpg

H4PZ9uj.jpg

uYeWBiu.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update on this.

Made a little jig for putting the tie down rings in the same place every time.

Qp8V3wV.jpg

ojND7Fq.jpg

4seT46y.jpg

9Lf4jkm.jpg

CyF6J5o.jpg

PIvWHS5.jpg

1LJ32ZR.jpg

yes I know I've missed some painting on the front of the decks but will sort that soon.

D

Deleted member 4539

Such a lot of great work going into this ken.

Those cannons are looking real good.

F

Fenlander

Proper modeling where you make stuff;). Tons going into this Ken.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks, of course it does make the build take longer, just wish I was better at the rope work.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Incredible amount of work going into this Ken, fair play! It's looking great buy the way.

Phil

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well this kit comeso with no anchors for the boats so I've knocked some up, also there are no oars, I've checked a few builds not of the heller kits and they don't seem to have any either, were they stored below decks or should they be there.

rmo2m1.jpg

16q8p4.jpg

2r44hzp.jpg

Sorry my build rate has slowed so much, but I get some done when I can fit it in and am not feeling too knackered.