Hello from Italy

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hello everyone,

I'm Matteo, hailing from Rome. I've joined this forum because, at the age of 28, I've realized it's time to reignite my passion for hobbies. My last model was built when I was only 16 and now with the gentle encouragement of my girlfriend I am embarking on a journey to explore this old hobby that how she said: does not involve drinking. :smiling6:

Currently, I'm in the process of setting up a new workspace where I can begin crafting something meaningful. I'll be diving into researching the necessary materials and determining which model would be the best starting point for me.

Additionally, I am a web developer, managing my own company, and a fervent chef, which is my second hobby. Contrary to common assumptions, I don't limit myself to cooking just pasta or pizza ahahaha.

Can't wait to catch up with you here on the forum! Excited to start building again!

Ciao a tutti,
M
Ciao Matteo,
benvenuto! Io sto imparando l’italiano ma en questo momento è molto cattivo!

Im sure you will like this place!

Paul

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Matteo, apologies for the late welcome as I'm always late to the party...wise woman your wife on getting you back into this hobby. It's safe until you meet up with other modelers who like a pint or two on the side. :smiling6: Have you decided on which genre you would start building? Here's looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
Ciao Matteo,
benvenuto! Io sto imparando l’italiano ma en questo momento è molto cattivo!

Im sure you will like this place!

Paul
Ciao Paul, complimenti! Se hai bisogno di aiuto chiedi pure :D

Welcome aboard!
Thank you!
Hi Matteo, apologies for the late welcome as I'm always late to the party...wise woman your wife on getting you back into this hobby. It's safe until you meet up with other modelers who like a pint or two on the side. :smiling6: Have you decided on which genre you would start building? Here's looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Oh, sorry for my delayed response as well I just read your messages now! I've been busy working. Anyway, I've chosen my first model and started working on it. Here's the thread: https://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/my-first-kit-italeri-uh-1d-iroquois-1-48.43072/

Thank you all again for the warm welcome!