help with Dunkeleb

S

shanks

hey guys i need some help i'm trying to finish my king tiger and need help with the dunkeleb color i'm using vallejo paints and i need to find what colors to use to match this color what % of what colors to use i tryed using 50% mix of dark yellow 71025 and 50% mix of light gray 71050 and it looks way to gray to me so if i'm missing anything please help

Mike

S

shanks

anyone want to share there tips on making Dunkelgelb ..Pleaseeeeeee!!

Mike

A

andygh

Many of the paint producers manufacture Dunkelgelb. Out of interest why do you want to make your own? Do you feel they're not accurate for instance?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yellow and Brown!

As to the proportions of them rather depends on which year and with theatre you are looking at...

Ian M

A

andygh

Personally I use Gunze Aqueous with a few drops of white because it looks right to me

If you're using ModelAir paint I'd go with dunkelgelb mixed with a few drops of white, if that looks a little harsh you could try mixing it with radome tan as well/instead. If you're using ModelColor you'll need even more white to kill it's green tinge

What's important is how it looks to your eyes, rather than 100% accuracy. As Ian said, the original shade did vary, with the scale effect and the natural weathering of the paint on top of that it comes down to what you're happy with really

I'm in the process of painting a French tank and the recommended colour just doesn't look right so the next layer will have some yellow added

I think experimentation is the key:goodluck:

C

Caledonia

\ said:
hey guys i need some help i'm trying to finish my king tiger and need help with the dunkeleb color i'm using vallejo paints and i need to find what colors to use to match this color what % of what colors to use i tryed using 50% mix of dark yellow 71025 and 50% mix of light gray 71050 and it looks way to gray to me so if i'm missing anything please help Mike
Have a look at this website, their colours are usually a pretty good match. Cheers Derek

https://airbrushes.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Dunkelgelb&osCsid=37515f83a93b303c827bad2e748c386e&x=11&y=7

S

shanks

thanks guys unfortunatly i live in canada and i have a hard time getting paints lifecolor i can't find in canada and vallejo is hard to come buy not too many model places around me i live on Vancouver island and i have to get thing through websites and over seas and its a big cost i have tryed moelair dark yellow with light gray and light brown seems to look all right but i will keep trying

thank you for your in put

Mike