help with stickers, anyone?

S

soy

So i'm working on a kit that use stickers -again, stickers. Not decals. When i suddenly realize that maybe decal solutions and hairdryers might not work on this one.

Maybe some of the more experienced members here could help this rookie:

- how do i shape stickers onto uneven/tricky surfaces?

- how do i make it stick? That said, is it ok to clear coat over stickers, and does it help to make it stick?

Answers are much appreciated. I'd provide more details about my problem should some answer need them x)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Decal solutions as you say have no effect on stickers. If they are soft vinyl stickers I believe that they are quite flexible and sticky. The hair dryer might soften them to conform to a complex shape but be careful that they don't get to hot and shrivel up. Try it on a bit of the surrounding sticker material first.

Ian M

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Stickers are great for a large area but do struggle to bend and form on certain contours and shapes. As has been said Decal solution will not work, a hairdryer on the lowest setting might help or a cup of hot water, stand the sticker under the cup so that it gets the heat then apply. To mould around shapes use your finger nail or the end of cocktail stick or a small flat bladed screwdriver, use gently, use the cocktail stick at a light angle that way you use the whole point and not just the tip-this can damage the sticker. If the sticker does not want to stick then you can use a small dab of glue. You can seal after applying although you may have a slight ridge.

Si:smiling3:

S

soy

So basically, carefully warming the stickers would do the trick... imma keep that in mind and see what i can do, probably post some update. hehe..

Thanks guys, cheers