Helpful chart.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
For those of you modelling IJN and IJA aircraft the correct colours can be a bit confusing.

With the release of the new MRP colours they have produced this chart. Even if you don’t use MRP this might be useful to you in working out what colours to use where. I have not checked but you might be able to cross reference the names and descriptions to other brands or at least work out what to use.

87A78D1A-3314-4FA0-89DC-E7ED41CB99CA.jpeg

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Apologies. I just cannot get photos to post the right way up on here any more. This was actually taken the ‘right’ way up…..

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Apologies. I just cannot get photos to post the right way up on here any more. This was actually taken the ‘right’ way up…..
I have the same issue. Anything portrait, flips to landscape when I upload.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If this is from an iPhone or iPad, this problem is often caused (in my experience) by uploading a smaller version of the picture rather than the full-size one. For some reason the rotation on smaller versions gets stripped while that of the complete photo does get taken into account.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
If this is from an iPhone or iPad, this problem is often caused (in my experience) by uploading a smaller version of the picture rather than the full-size one. For some reason the rotation on smaller versions gets stripped while that of the complete photo does get taken into account.
That is a logical conclusion as this did not happen before we had to reduce the size of photos. Not sure how to resolve it.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Some devices know which way you took the photo and display it properly on the device that took it, BUT, does not add that info to the file metadata,
When you look at the picture on a different device it doesn't know which way it should rotate it or not.
There are too many variables that affect how a photo gets taken , displayed , seen on other devices.

Reactions: JR

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have loaded the completed thread for my HS129, I did so from my laptop with the photos converted to jpegs. It seems to have worked.