Hi, I'm Tim ex MilMod member

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Thought it was time I introduced myself.....and showed some recent builds....
I have been modelling for longer than I care to remember, starting with the usual Airfix kits as a kid...moveing on to Railways in my teens. After a break discovering Booze, Girls and Rock and roll I restarted as a wargamer for a few years. I gradually found the modelling more interesting, gravitating back to railways. I became a member of my local Scalefour society group for many years, runnign the club for a while and culminating in us exhibiting at the Scaleforum exhibition. That event seemed to close off my railway interest and I moved on to re-learning guitar, playing lead in a covers band for about ten years. That went the way of all things, and I was feeling a bit lost. By coincidence we had a family holiday in Japan and I discovered model shops.....in Japan you are allowed to be a geek it seems :smiling: I brought back a couple of Tamiya kits and it felt like coming home. I have been modelling ever since....
P1030536.JPG
Hurricane from about two years ago, 1/48 Italeri...
P1040211.JPG

Tamiya Toyota Phaeton, 1/35th
P1040213.JPG
Tamiya Mini Cooper, 1/24th
IMG_5380_edited-1.jpg
WW1 Sikh infantry bust
IMG_5550_edited-1.jpg
Tamiya Panther A, 1/35th
_J3A8022.jpg

Victrix 28mm British Napoleonic foot artilleryman spongebob squarehat
_J3A4363.jpg
Just so you know how big he is .....
P1040367.JPG
Perry 28mm French Napoleonic Carabinier regiment
Probably enough of my old pony for now, but if anyone wants to know more about them or wants better pictures let me know....
Cheers
Tim

Attachments

• P1030985.JPG
    P1030985.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
  • _J3A8034.jpg
    _J3A8034.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice. Japanese model shops are awesome eh? I could have filled a suitcase with kits when I went out there.