Hi there i am new :)

T

The Dweller

Hi my name is Dave and i come from Cambridge in the UK

I am a Warhammer 40k modeller, and i have decided to join your forum as well as the 40k forum, for help and ideas

I have recently finished building a tank (Vindicator) and its all new and sparkly, what i want to do is make the bottom 1/4 look like it is distressed, or battle warn, muddy that sort of thing, now i have an air brush and the paints i use are waterbased Games Workshop and Vallejo paints.

Could anyone talk me through a technique and advise on the colours i may need to use to attain the look that i desire?

Thank you in advance, i hope to become a regular poster of your forums

Dave

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Dave,

Welcome aboard .......... As I have absolutely no idea what "Warhammer 40k" is..... I'd really like to see a picture of the Vindicator ????

I'm sure you'll find loads of people on here to give you advice and suggestions. A pretty helpful lot.

Peter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi and welcome.

I am sure that you will find all the pointers you need in the painting section, if not shout out in there.

IanM

T

tecdes

Afternoon Dave.

WW11 aircraft I know a bit about but not Warhammer. But there is I am sure a lot of it about in this place.

Good choice on the Vallejo they have so many colours.

Laurie

Whoops welcome Dave.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

I aquired some 40K stuff to practice my figure painting on, my usual fodder is aircraft, but being on this forum has encouraged me to widen my horizons.

The military vehicles section should be of help for you for the vindicator, the tank may be fantasy but the techniques are much the same, I think.

And the figure you posted shows real skill, nice work mate.

Have fun and lets see some piccies of the vidicator when you're happy with it.

Tony.