His Majesty's Land Ship "HEMPSALL" Airfix MARK I Tank WWI GB Completed Vehicle

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
You have got to be pleased with that. The added details and the weathering are superb. A top quality build.
To think these cumbersome monsters were the forerunners of today's tanks.
Thanks for sharing the build.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Superb result Steve:thumb2:, what you've done with this little Airfix one is truly admirable.
Love the first b/w pics, great background for the muddy crawler.:smiling:

What's next?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Stevie,

You really did a wonder on this one. The old kit never looked better with all your work and finishing skills. Can you at least see straight now??? Is it time to move back up to 1/35 again Buddy??? Ok, Now stop sitting around drinking beer and get back to the bench!!!

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks fabulous
Really nice finish over a great build. Saw some of the Dan Snow documentary “Battle of the Somme” yesterday and it had some great period footage of these in it. I immediately thought of yours and Simon’s builds....

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well done Steve, another one to be proud of mate:thumb2:.
Are you going to make a base?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic Steve, great work on the Airfix kit. Whatever the kit is if you put the level of work and detail, results will follow. :thumb2: So is it bigger scale next or are you going to test your eyes again?

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Words fail .
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jim - Very much so. It was my first attempt at mud so learnt a lot. Somewhat harder to do than the dust of the desert
Fernando - My freshly dug garden created the back drop. I am currently doing a Quad Tractor if you want to pop over and take a look HERE
Thanks Peter:thumb2::thumb2:
I appreciate your support throughout the build Ian. Glad you liked it
I am back doing the 1 35 Allen but I have a 1 72 hovering at the side of the bench waiting to be done:smiling5:. Thanks for the positive feedback mate:thumb2:
Thanks Mr T and good luck with yours
Cheers Tim. Although the old film reels are very grainy you still get a great feeling of the tank and the trench warfare in general.
The usual piece of slate. A picture just for you Mr Benson:smiling3:

Richard - I have gone back to 1 35 but the detailing is just as small. Just cant win! Here's the link if you want to take a look HERE
Colin/JR - I appreciate your support throughout the build and I am glad you like the final look

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim - Very much so. It was my first attempt at mud so learnt a lot. Somewhat harder to do than the dust of the desert
Fernando - My freshly dug garden created the back drop. I am currently doing a Quad Tractor if you want to pop over and take a look HERE
Thanks Peter:thumb2::thumb2:
I appreciate your support throughout the build Ian. Glad you liked it
I am back doing the 1 35 Allen but I have a 1 72 hovering at the side of the bench waiting to be done:smiling5:. Thanks for the positive feedback mate:thumb2:
Thanks Mr T and good luck with yours
Cheers Tim. Although the old film reels are very grainy you still get a great feeling of the tank and the trench warfare in general.
The usual piece of slate. A picture just for you Mr Benson:smiling3:
View attachment 313962
Richard - I have gone back to 1 35 but the detailing is just as small. Just cant win! Here's the link if you want to take a look HERE
Colin/JR - I appreciate your support throughout the build and I am glad you like the final look

Who's roof did you nick that from. Hope it wasn't from Matron's :tongue-out3::tongue-out3:
JR

B

Brad9826

Steve, well done on your finished tribute, a fitting result. Thanks :thumb2::thumb2::smiling:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Its been an absolute joy being part of your GB. I am glad you like the final model. Will you be doing an album for all the finished photos of everyone's builds?

B

Brad9826

Thanks Steve. I will certainly attempt to do an album or something. If you have a some favs pm me with them and I'll put them aside for a final reveal around 11.11.18.:thumb2::thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Just beautiful Steve! Another outstanding masterpiece.