HK Models 1/32 Do 335

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've made a start on my latest project and decided to post something to encourage me to get on with it.

First look at the kit is very encouraging. The plastic is very nicely molded, plenty of nice detail, but in a quite hard grey plastic.

Those who followed my Cyber-Hobby Bf 110 build will know I had a bit of a whinge about those instructions. The HK Models instructions in this kit are quite a contrast, very nicely done, explicit, and even broken into fairly typical sub-assemblies. They have clearly been put together by someone who actually built the kit, so 'chapeau' to HK models.

Anyway, here's the proof I've started, a nice little ejection seat.

IMG_1523_zpswrgs7jwq.jpg

I am going to try to take a few more photographs as I go along, I think there will be plenty to see :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

I've seen promotional pictures of this one Steve, but never a build so I'm watching with interest.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here's an example of the finely molded detail in what will become the wheel well for the nose gear. The six holes are for gas bottles, I think oxygen but haven't checked yet, which I'll add later.

IMG_1524_zpskoo9kk7d.jpg

This will all need some kind of painting, a tricky prospect given that I strongly suspect that areas like this on an aircraft built as a prototype in October 1944 were more likely to have been aluminium than RLM 02. A lot of that detail would also have been metal and I'm not sure it will be easy to bring it out. A brush with many 0s will be required :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

A

andyrobs

Looks like its got nice detailing to it, I'll be watching this one.

Cheers, Andrew

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Like Dubster I've seen promos on this and don't they also do the " Batwing" Ho229 ( could be wrong in that )

Definatly be watching

Does it come with both engines in the kit ( that would be sweet to see both displayed

Regards

Robert

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Does it come with both engines in the kit ( that would be sweet to see both displayed
It does. I don't usually pose models opened up, but in this case I am planning to have a couple of panels open on one side to show both engines. Like everything else in the kit they look pretty good to me!

The kit looks to me as if it has been designed to be displayed with just about everything (and then some) open. I think this is a nod to the Asian market where people do like to pose models this way. I won't be opening the bomb bay, which on my version would contain an extra fuel tank, nor various other access panels, just a couple of engine panels and obviously the undercarriage will be down and cockpit probably open.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Detailing looks great Steve, be good to see what you make of it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks fantastic steve , i know youll do this justice , looking forward to the rest of the build, cheers tony

P

Polux

Interesting subject, Steve!

The kit looks really detailed :eek:

Ps- there is a forum where they are celebrating, currently, a HK Models 1/32 contest....

If someday you are interested to build another one, you can take a look there ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Ps- there is a forum where they are celebrating, currently, a HK Models 1/32 contest....

If someday you are interested to build another one, you can take a look there ;)
Which forum Polux? I'm always interested in what others are doing with a kit I'm ruining :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

\ said:
Which forum Polux? I'm always interested in what others are doing with a kit I'm ruining :smiling3:
Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve.

Large Scale Modeller :smiling3:

Last edited:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Looks like a really nicely detailed kit Steve, I'll be watching this one

Phil

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
So, today I've got the basic paint on some sub-assemblies.

IMG_1526_zpspphc0khs.jpg

What we have at the back is a big chunky fuselage interior. We're looking at the bomb bay (Alclad duraluminium), the other side supports engines and a fuel tank which is the black (actually Night) lump between the ejection seat and the cockpit tub (both RLM 66). On the left is the wheel well for the nose gear (also Alclad Duraluminium). Lots of details to be painted later.

Whilst that's all drying I've made the first of the two Daimler Benz engines. This is the rear engine.

IMG_1527_zpsljmlpjs4.jpg

The engine is a 30+ part model in itself! A quick clean up and this should be primed tonight.

Everything went together very nicely, but some of the engine parts, all those pipes in particular, needed quite a bit of clean up. They had some very visible seam lines from the molding running along them.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Must have been a right job balancing the power from the 'push me pull you' engine configuration. Looking good though Steve.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
An often asked question is 'when should I paint the parts of my model?'

This thread should show how I do mine. It's not the only way and it certainly isn't the right way, it's just my way. Like airbrushing (Oh no! not again) you have to find what suits you best.

Those sub-assemblies above will start to get detail painting in the next couple of days and I'll post some progress.

Cheers

Steve

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
The detail on that engine is lovely, how much did this kit put you back Steve if you don't mind me asking?