HK Models 1/32 Lancaster

D

Dave53

I've just been surfing the web and come across the imminent (?) release of a 1/32 Scale Avro Lancaster Mk III by Hong Kong Models, has anyone come across this company before? They are certainly new to me. I was wondering if anyone knows about the quality of these kits and how they compare to the likes of Tamiya or Hasegawa. The idea of this large Lancaster kit sounds intriguing, but it will make my Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster seem small...

View attachment 62742

I thought I might add that Lancaster UM-E2 of 626 Squadron was my late uncle's aircraft, the crew were killed when the aircraft crashed in December 1944.

The model was built as a tribute to him and his crew.

View attachment 64191

DSCF2904.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Dave
Hk already produce a very nice B25 in 1/32 .They are about to release a B17G in this scale that looks amazing in the reviews I have seen.Its got a wing span of about a metre.So the Lancaster is going to be a similar size.

D

Dave53

Yes, the Lancaster is quoted as having a Wing Span of 971.55mm and a Length of 660mm - Big!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Excellent kits but they come at a cost. The new B-17G will cost you about £180

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The B25 produced by HK Models received some great reviews and the B17 about to be released seems to be well engineered and accurate their having involved a team of experienced modellers as consultants on the project. So the omens are good for the Lancaster - what a massive kit it will be with a 39 inch wingspan.... Sadly the size will prevent me from building it as I would have nowhere to display it though a wall fixing like the B17 has might help!

They are also going to release a 32 scale Meteor, that one I will get!!!

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
Excellent kits but they come at a cost. The new B-17G will cost you about £180
True - but if you look at the work involved and the time the build will take that £180 pales into insignificance and on a £/hour ratio will not be any more costly to build than any other kit. It will need a lot of materials as well!!!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hong Kong Models - 1:32 Avro Lancaster Mk III

D

dead-mans-click

Hello chaps. I have just purchased the B25 and the kit is massive, just reference some of the last questions about detail, it is rammed with detail in every aspect, the panel lines are perfect and the access holes in the wings look very nice also,

I have only started the wings so far as to be quite truthful, I have no where to put it as its to big haha..

Hope that's a little helpful.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Any chance of some pics please?

Gern

M

mobear

nice to see you are back,but what a build this is going to be from you lol

mobear

ps some box art would be good

D

dead-mans-click

Gern.... I will post some pics for you tomorrow when I finish work.... I will try and get some decent shots for you.

mobear, yes back after a manic year and model stash is back to normal now, seeing as the removal men dropped my box of the 4th floor full of kits when I first moved in :sad: but as promised like I said when I first moved, I'll still post a large model up to you as promised as I'm a man of my word :smiling3: if you send your address in a PM then ill dig one out and fire it up in to them hills haha

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow 1/32nd scale!! The last time I saw one in that scale it was remote controled, I'd love to do a build that big but I've got knowhere to build it or put it if I did it would be well worth the money

D

dead-mans-click

Sorry a little late but here are some pictures i took this afternoon of the 1/32 B25 for some of you... please excuse the pictures but i have no idea on how to work my wife's DSLR...

Box art

The size

Detail

bomb bay

Metal landing gear, bought as extra

engine housing

The wheels are quite large

No great choice of decals

More extras

Hope these are ok with you Chaps.

Lewis