Airfix 1/72 De Havilland Vampire T.11

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well im totally useless at planes. I seem to be able to to a half decent job of most other genre's motorcycles are my best genre but then ive always ridden them, in my early years real dogs and as i got older more pristine so I know how all ages look,but planes are my achillies heal. Well i love the look of this plane (always have)so ive decided to try it. I was going to do a custom job (to hide my rubbishness) but decided i will stick to how it should look.
Im going to build it as WZ590 No 5 flying training school, Oakington, Cambridgeshire, march 1992
I really like a lot of planes and it really irks me i cant build them so Ive decided Im going to make a concerted effort to improve, so much so that Im going to try Airfix 1/24 Typhoon after this.
No pictures tonight as we have no phone or internet and no indication of when or if we will get it back anytime soon( joys of living in the willie wags)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
The Vampire was a great looking plane. I am sure you will do this proud.
Jim

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Its a fantastic looking aircraft Ken , and by all accounts the new Airfix one is a great build , looking forward to seeing yours , cheers tony

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well not to change the habit of a lifetime, all was going well, masking the front bit of the plane looked a bit tricky so I masked that bit first sprayed it, it looked ok so I masked the rest which meant masking the bit I'd just done sprayed it all looked ok then I pulled the masking tape off with a lot of the paint from the front and what's left of the paint on the front bit is mottled from wherever the masking tape touched it.

257k5l4.jpg

2mg1545.jpg

2h72994.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Shame about that ken , at least its only the nose , should touch up ok after a bit of a sanding, looking fine though and how quick was that build !!!! It’d have took me weeks to get to that stage. !

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Pity about the paint peeling off the nose, the rest of the paintwork looks very good indeed.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
A quick sand and mask off the silver, respray the nose and she'll be good to go Ken. It's a lovely kit isn't it? I've built two, enjoyed them both.