HMS Hood

C

Caledonia

You must be really pleased with the result Graham, until you make one of these 1/350 Kits you have no idea of the work involved, it came as a shock to me. A really great build. Derek

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great build Graham., ;)

G

Graham D

Thanks for the comments, I am pleased the way it turned out, next up the Bismarck

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent result Graham.....It's been a pleasure to watch your 'Hood' come to fruition.

Some more pictures would be nice...any chance we can see some more shots of the detail you have put into the model?

G

Graham D

\ said:
Excellent result Graham.....It's been a pleasure to watch your 'Hood' come to fruition.Some more pictures would be nice...any chance we can see some more shots of the detail you have put into the model?
Ok, I'll do some more tomorrow

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is fantastic Graham love it and some great photo's

Now really looking forward to your Bismark build

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
How did I miss this one ???? I thought you'd given up on this Graham !

That is one cool looking hood , top stuff :smiling3:

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I have never tried a ship/ boat before as it looks too daunting a task to get the right detail on scale but I have now witnessed something awesome. I have a 1/200 HMS VIctory wooden kit and I'm ashamed to say it's not even got a finished wooden hull yet. The Hood was a fantastic ship and In my opinion a match for the BIsmark but all for a lucky shot from the BIsmark crew and the unfortunate timing of that fatal blow it caused the Hood, we will never see this class of ship again!!

You have made a fantastic build and do the Hood justice.

G

Graham D

\ said:
I have never tried a ship/ boat before as it looks too daunting a task to get the right detail on scale but I have now witnessed something awesome. I have a 1/200 HMS VIctory wooden kit and I'm ashamed to say it's not even got a finished wooden hull yet. The Hood was a fantastic ship and In my opinion a match for the BIsmark but all for a lucky shot from the BIsmark crew and the unfortunate timing of that fatal blow it caused the Hood, we will never see this class of ship again!!
You have made a fantastic build and do the Hood justice.
Thanks, Do not worry if you are taking a long time on the hull, it is a big model and these wooden models can take years, especially a complicated one like HMS Victory. Maybe you can start a build log for it.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Looks great with loads of detail.