Hobby Boss M4A3

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
???...... me too! They all look in the same orientation to me?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
To me it looks like they look like (bear with me) they’re the same way up, but the turret is turned to the right — I get the impression that the star on the turret is pointing to the side rather than up. Canadian Army orders for part of the war specified that they should be painted like that.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
To me it looks like they look like (bear with me) they’re the same way up, but the turret is turned to the right — I get the impression that the star on the turret is pointing to the side rather than up. Canadian Army orders for part of the war specified that they should be painted like that.

Ah, now I see....you learn something new everyday:thumb2:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Yes, I didn't know that either! The turret star is a little off vertical, but not much - see the thread in the Completed section for better photos.

Pete

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Yes, I didn't know that either!
It’s usually said (in books, online, etc.) that Canadian troops did this intentionally so as not to have the star look American, but it was official army orders to paint them pointing forward on the vehicle sides. I don’t recall offhand the reason why, though.

The turret star is a little off vertical, but not much - see the thread in the Completed section for better photos.
Since I criticised it, I’ll have to admit that the star on the roof of my recent Churchill is also not quite straight — it points slightly to the left instead of directly forward :smiling3:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I doubt if the painters worried much about a few degrees of tilt.

Pete

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I suspect the sergeant-major would, though.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
There’s an idea: shoot at your own sergeant-major so he won’t complain about your paintwork :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pete.
I thought you were being brave, or mad , or perhaps both to remove seals, but that one I can understand. Still you got it back on with out it launching itself into space.:thumb2:
Model looks good , I know nothing about Stars, only Russian !:smiling2:
John.