HobbyBoss 1/72 A5M2 "Claude"

B

BigZimmo

Hi Guys!!

Here comes my latest model......HobbyBoss' A5M2 "Claude" in 1/72 scale.

It's another easy assembly kit from HB that makes the lazy modeller dance. The assembly took less than 30 minutes......with two snack-breaks (no Sauerkraut, mates;)).

The painting took a little bit longer. At first, the A5M2 recieved a layer of Aluminium 218 by Gunze.

A sealing with "Mr. Metal Primer" followed. Now I masked the fuselage and the tail with Tamiya tape for the red paintwork. After that a layer of "Future" followed. Now the decals were applied. But I only used the unit markings. The "Hinomarus" were painted with homemade stencils.

Another layer Future followed and then my A5M2 recieved a soft washing with diluted oil paint.

Finally the model was sealed with a layer of clear coat. The antenna wire is extruded sprue.

Cheers

Stefan:smiling3:

View attachment 74941

View attachment 74942

View attachment 74943

View attachment 74944

View attachment 74945

View attachment 74946

View attachment 74947

View attachment 74948

View attachment 74949

View attachment 74950

A5M2 (1).jpg

A5M2 (2).jpg

A5M2 (3).jpg

A5M2 (4).jpg

A5M2 (5).jpg

A5M2 (6).jpg

A5M2 (7).jpg

A5M2 (8).jpg

A5M2 (9).jpg

A5M2 (10).jpg

W

Willi262

I love the sepia shot. It looks like a ground crew member may have snapped a PR photo of the pilot...

And the palm tree back drop very appropriate for the area, I myself have a few different sky/landscape photos for forced perspectives, but I am too lazy to use them all the time :sad:

Looks great though!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top not work and great pictures, great build from me on this one.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic result, and nicely photographed as usual Stefan. They are great little kits to get motivated with again, just lack cockpit detail. Nicely weathered too.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great build stefan , excellent paintwork. The black and white shot looks superb, cheers tony

A

Andy Mac

What a lovely little build, the diorama sets it off nicely. :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice and presented well , figures are very well painted there's nothing I don't like

I love the sepia shot it gives it an authentic look :smiling3:

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Some of this little HB easykits can be built into a stunning models by skillful modeller - yours is such a case! Like the photo in the background and PSP stand - gives depth to photography

First Name
Mike
I like that a lot, very colourful. Is this a new HobbyBoss release? I don't think I've seen this kit before.

B

BigZimmo

Hi Guys!!

Thanks for your kind words.....that gives motivation for new projects. :smiling3:

Yes, it's a new release from HB and I can recommend this kit. It's really fun to build.:cool:

I wish you and your families a merry christmas and a happy, healthy 2014.

Best regards from Germany

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Hi Guys!!Thanks for your kind words.....that gives motivation for new projects. :smiling3:

Yes, it's a new release from HB and I can recommend this kit. It's really fun to build.:cool:

I wish you and your families a merry christmas and a happy, healthy 2014.

Best regards from Germany

Thanks for that info Stefan, I'll look out for one of these at my LHS. Hoping you have a great Christmas and New Year too, from Canada :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's a bright little thing. Red and silver, a nice combination.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent build and pictures Stefan, and yes, all the best to you too for 2014......