home made decals

First Name
rob
got myself some decal paper to make my own decals. the paper is white with clear film. tried to download a decal from the net that has the traditional blue background. the decal looked brilliant when it was printed but when i applied it , i realised that because id used white decal paper..it had printed the blue...if you know what i mean! this meant that the decal ended up with blue film around it rather than clear.....so......if i bought the blue decal paper with clear film... would the film remain clear if i copied a decal with blue background? bit of a vague question but i hope you can fathom what im on about

First Name
Mike
Hi Rob, if you scan/copy a decal that's printed on blue backing paper, the blue will print no matter what kind of paper you're using. You can either erase the blue background from your scan/copy using a paint program, or (preferably) use vector artwork of the markings.

First Name
Mike
There's a huge collection of free, downloadable vector aircraft markings here (scroll to the bottom of the page):-

http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/artikel_04/art_04-0040/art_04-0040-02.html

First Name
Richard
Hi Rob,

I use the clear decal paper.

I make my decals as vector files mostly without a background.

This makes it easier for the decal to blend with the background.

Cheers Richi