Horror...better pics...I hope

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
The pics are much better than before. I don't think you need a new camera. Most are sharp although two or three are a bit out of focus over the whole of an individual model, and in the first shot of the whole dio: the bit nearest the camera is a little fuzzy. Perhaps a higher f-number (smaller lens opening) and a timed exposure would help. But all the rest look pretty sharp to me. I like the lighting. The shadows are not so dark that they obscure detail, and just right, fuzzy edges wise, and therefore not too sharp and harsh. The views of your bench and table cloth distract me rather.

Again, this time round, I find this dio disturbing, with all that carnage. True to life (or death) of course. Very good.

Thanks Steve, Will work on my photo skills for sure, sorry you found it "disturbing" after all it is only plastic but I did try my best to portray war at it's worst, I guess I had a bit of success (in your case anyway)...Thanks again...Jim :smiling3:

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
I liked the dark and moody pics Jim but with these you can see the amount of work gone into it , GREAT.

S

Stevekir

Thanks Steve, Will work on my photo skills for sure, sorry you found it "disturbing" after all it is only plastic but I did try my best to portray war at it's worst, I guess I had a bit of success (in your case anyway)...Thanks again...Jim :smiling3:

My disturbance was a compliment. War is disturbing and it is good to be reminded of that. Your dio does that really well.

Last edited:
First Name
Gwyn
Disturbing because it is so realistic. There must have been hours and hours of excellent work in this. Well done.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just saw your post Gwyn and I thank you very much.....Jim :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I liked the dark and moody pics Jim but with these you can see the amount of work gone into it , GREAT.

Thanks so much Barry, just caught up to your kind comment a bit late I'm afraid ,but better late than never. lighting makes all the difference, I must start taking photography more seriously and must look into "Photo-shop" for future endeavors. Thanks again my friend :smiling3:

First Name
Stuart
That is just amazing Jim,there is so much going on and so much detail.

its scary to think what they went through in the war.

your build is simply a masterpiece 

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thank so much Stuart. Falaise was always a heartbreaker for me..........Jim :smiling3:

J

John Rixon

I think of your work every time I see the question "what colour should I use to paint this tank / that tank?"  

These photos show beautifully the answer - many layers of subtle and diverse variations of dark greens and olive drab. I think that this is especially important with dioramas, and yours approach 3D paintings! Nice one.

0ne48thtel

Two words to sum this up Jim JAW DROPPING. I think if you put that in a competition the rest of the entrants would pack up and go home.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I think of your work every time I see the question "what colour should I use to paint this tank / that tank?"  

These photos show beautifully the answer - many layers of subtle and diverse variations of dark greens and olive drab. I think that this is especially important with dioramas, and yours approach 3D paintings! Nice one.

Thanks so much John, just because a tank my be one color that don't mean one must use only one color ;)

View attachment 228104

View attachment 256160

View attachment 227603

View attachment 227602

View attachment 214572

View attachment 217286

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real great builds there,do real like them a lot,very well weathered,and look good in my eyes, :D