"Horror" Falaise

First Name
Aaron
Awesome Jim. Looks like a LOT of work went into this. Great stuff mate.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Jim as the title says this diorama shows the full Horrors of war. With me following the build I know how much as gone into this a great build throughout 5 stars from me mate 

D

Deleted member 3568

Superb, truly great, a very graphic portrail of the horror of war. Incredible job my friend. 

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Great work Jim lot of time gone into this dio , if you could do a photoshop on photos to b & w would look real.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

lots of realistic carnage. Good job mate. The mud effects are also excellent

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Immense, grim, grimey, bloody......great dio!!

Another master piece!

Well done bub! B|

D

dubster72

Simply a superb piece of work Jim. There's so much to look at, clever little details are everywhere.

Having watching your build thread I know the time & skill you've put into this & it was all worth it.

I'm quite tempted to start a series of dios based on particular battles of WWII. The only problem is most would need lots of figures - my weakest area! Still, with this as inspiration... who knows! ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

Absolutely stunning Jim. :D

All those month's of work and exceptional modelling skills have brought out the reality of war.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it Jim, a true presentation of what war is like, death, destruction, innocent animals used and maimed and killed. The waste of war-the evil that is man.

F

Fenlander

A lot of work gone into this and a concept brought together over a fair period of time.  This is far from kit building in the normal sense as hardly anything on it is a straight build. Just about everything has been altered to get the look and effect you wanted, that is dedication.

As for picture quality, I am not sure perfect pictures would have done it any favours.  I think as it is, the pictures really convey the feeling of the diorama.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Great diorama, really conveys the horror and misery in the aftermath.

as Wellington said "Nothing, except a battle lost, can be half as melancholy as a battle won"

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I enjoyed watching your diorama come together Jim. The result is a top effort, catching the very essence of what you set out to do. So much detail, awesome work.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Simply a superb piece of work Jim. There's so much to look at, clever little details are everywhere.

Having watching your build thread I know the time & skill you've put into this & it was all worth it.

I'm quite tempted to start a series of dios based on particular battles of WWII. The only problem is most would need lots of figures - my weakest area! Still, with this as inspiration... who knows! ;)

Thanks Patrick, kept pics dark and sinister but I think I'll do a reshoot with more light maybe out side on a cloudy day. nice to have started Su76, simple kit work and something I can accomplish in a reasonable amount of time. Large dios do tend to bog the mind a bit.

your hunting Tiger is the bomb imo, loved it! would like to see your rendition of a battle, I'm sure you will research it fully and do a bang up job. Give us a hint won't you once you have something in mind.....Cheers...Jim :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A lot of work gone into this and a concept brought together over a fair period of time.  This is far from kit building in the normal sense as hardly anything on it is a straight build. Just about everything has been altered to get the look and effect you wanted, that is dedication.

As for picture quality, I am not sure perfect pictures would have done it any favours.  I think as it is, the pictures really convey the feeling of the diorama.

Thank you for your kind appreciation Graham, I did bash them about unmercifully didn't I? :o  I'm never really happy with anything I do when it is all said and done, maybe that's a good thing as it makes me want to improve with each new project. Maybe a re-shoot under different conditions if the folks would bare.

Starting SU76 SSIG, nice to do something simple for a change, will keep all updated of course.............Jim :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Thanks Patrick, kept pics dark and sinister but I think I'll do a reshoot with more light maybe out side on a cloudy day. nice to have started Su76, simple kit work and something I can accomplish in a reasonable amount of time. Large dios do tend to bog the mind a bit.

your hunting Tiger is the bomb imo, loved it! would like to see your rendition of a battle, I'm sure you will research it fully and do a bang up job. Give us a hint won't you once you have something in mind.....Cheers...Jim :smiling3:

I'm thinking of the lesser known battles of WWII, such as the dreadful fighting in the Hürtgen forest. Thousands of men died there, more than Normandy, Market Garden, the Battle of the Bulge but hardly anyone knows about it.

First Name
Stuart
So much to see with stunning detail throughout.

The time and dedication you put into this diorama has paid off Jim as this is a masterpiece.

should be on display in a war museum