Humbrol enamel

M

MrGotty

Bought some humbrol enamels off ebay, got 12 for 10 quid, bargaij if I might say so however they seem a little runny and dont brush on well. Could I have been scammed? They were described brand new and they look brand new but I dont know lol. Am I doing something wrong?

Scott

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Have you given them a good stir. They might have settled. Although I believe there were some Chinese (or something) produced ones which were awful - you might have a batch of those.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Scott, there was a batch of Humbrol Enamels made ( I believe) in the Far East, which were awful paints and quite useless. I came by some too.

I don't think you've been scammed. In fairness, perhaps the seller was unaware of the problem with these particular paints.

Sorry, but unless someone on here knows how to overcome the problem and if these are the ones you have, I'm afraid they might be only fit for the bin......

Ron

M

MrGotty

Ahh thanks guys, yeh I gave them good stir with a cocktail stick, il give them a shake and longer stir see if it helps.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A piece of sprue heated up and squashed with a pair of pliers make good stirring sticks.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
A cocktail stick is of little use to stir Humbrol enamel paint, a paint stirring tool or hand held coffee frothier is much better. If your tin has Union Flag on the side it was made in the U.K. and shouldn't be dodgy. Give it a good stir to mix the settled pigment with the thinners that separate and sit at the top of the tin.