Hurricane parts please

zuludog

SMF Supporter
I've had a couple of old 1/72 Airfix Hurricane kits for years. They are the first edition from the 1950s or 1960s; I think they were described as Mk IV RP, and I think it's about time I did something with them; that is, something other than throw them out!

So I've decided to make them up, though I know they will never be as good as a decent modern kit, but I'm just doing this for my own interest and amusement
I can use spare parts and scratch building to improve or replace the propellor, exhausts, undercarriage and the cockpit details, but it's not worth spending much money on aftermarket parts.

However there is one problem and that is replacing the rudimentary radiator. I'm willing to buy an aftermarket one, but so far I haven't found one

I don't fancy carving or scratchbuilding a better radiator, so have you any ideas please

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
If it is the mesh that is the issue, you can get very fine meshes for sewing cross stitch. It comes in various sizes of mesh and is useful for all sort of things including industrial gridded flooring. You may be able to beg a small piece necessary from a friend.
upload_2017-10-31_16-44-45.png