I got bored yesterday , so tried a camo

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I recently got an AB due to me losing some mojo and painting the whole hull of a tank by brush 

I dug out my practice tank and sprayed it in tamiya dark green then put some blu tack over the hull and sprayed it in tamiya dark yellow 

today I took the blu tack off 

I don't think it's turned out too bad for a first attempt at a camo , some misses but that's due to not fixing the blu tack down properly 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4539

Not bad for a first attempt :smiling3: .

And as you know make sure the blu tac is pressed firmly in place. 9_9

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Not bad at all Al, I did my P-III freehand, no bluetack and all was going well until the AB played up and started to splutter :sad:

I think you have nailed it mate, a bit more practice and you will be just as good as me...or probably better :D   

P6309715.JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice work but.....

As we don't know you, isn't that right Si? Can you introduce yourself?....... :P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ralph , I will be trying a try colour camo next , I have two other practice pieces to ruin I mean practice on

That looks good Si I have an M3 Grant on the bench at the moment I'm thinking of doing a free hand job on 

Cheers Ron , well my names Vasquez de poomple and I'm from the small moon zacutzia in system gahs elaelp and I've been modelling for 5 minuets

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Welcome to the forum Mr. Poomple. Lovely place zacutzia, I used to holiday there until it joined the E.U.!...............oops!

Just a kindly warning. We don't allow free hand jobs here. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Mr. Poomple. Lovely place zacutzia, I used to holiday there until it joined the E.U.!...............oops!

Just a kindly warning. We don't allow free hand jobs here. 

great froidian slip on my part

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hello Vasquez...welcome to the for...hang on a mo...I know that face! I have seen it gurning on many occasion...It's Bernard Mathews isn't it? 

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
looks good to me

thing with german camo is there isnt a right or wrong way since they just made it up as they went along for real

D

dubster72

It looks good to me Alan - the few patchy areas add a sense of authenticity.

But you'd still be better off doing that freehand IMHO. Putting a large amount of a lighter colour over a dark colour means you're running the risk of obscuring fine detail.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
looks good to me

thing with german camo is there isnt a right or wrong way since they just made it up as they went along for real

Cheers Paul and that is correct the majority of German armour was painted however they wanted 

It looks good to me Alan - the few patchy areas add a sense of authenticity.

But you'd still be better off doing that freehand IMHO. Putting a large amount of a lighter colour over a dark colour means you're running the risk of obscuring fine detail.

Cheers Patrick 

im adjusting all the time , I think I'll have to get a new end to get it that thin a line mine doesn't go that thin 

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I like it as a first attempt, I myself have complete AB equipment but never used it but since you gave it a shot maybe I will make an attempt soon myself

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Jim , give it a go can't hurt and it is quicker to get your base colour on and then it's just back to the weathering and detail with a brush 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very good first attempt,at this I do like it well done,can ,never lean if you don,t try :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers moni appreciate it 

so today I tried a subtle pre wash 

I quite pleased with this 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate 

yesterday I tried a freehand camo , not bad it's worked better than I thought it would but I think I need a finer nozzle to get a harder edge 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like that Al, like the colours. I agree, maybe a smaller nozzle size will define the edges but, it still looks good.